aberdeen-music

smashing pumpkins recording new album

french_disko

I thought A Perfect Circle were all finished now? I have to say Machina I is my favourite Pumpkins album as well closely followed Siamese Dream. And Machina II can't be that rare - I picked it up for £10 on a double CD in One-Up's second-hand section years ago.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought A Perfect Circle were all finished now? I have to say Machina I is my favourite Pumpkins album as well closely followed Siamese Dream. And Machina II can't be that rare - I picked it up for £10 on a double CD in One-Up's second-hand section years ago.

Machina II is not rare at all. At £10 you were done! It is available for free on many websites.

From www.smashingpumpkins.com

"The Smashing Pumpkins are currently in the recording studio with legendary producer Roy Thomas Baker (Queen' date=' The Cars, The Darkness), at work on their first new album since 1999."

I'm guessing B0lly is going to be going to grandeous (sp?) sound again from his choice of producer.

Eric Avery (ex Jane's Addiction) is alledgedly playing bass on the new album too.[/quote']

I reckon it's sounds like they might be making some cheesy FM-rock.

I doubt it' date=' if B0lly had wanted to make that kind of record, he would have done it by now. It's well known that he is a big fan of The Cars, Cheap Trick etc...[/quote']

I know and i think he has done it before on some of Siamese Dream and with Zwan, and i reckon he might be repeating himself.

• 5 months later...
i was listening to pisces iscariot the other day and although its only a compilation its still a work of genius!

agreed i think whir is probably my favorite pumpkins song so simple yet amazing. imo.

there was a thread on here saying APC were splitting up so iha may be at a loose end - u never know.

More news! The album is called "Zeitgeist" and is out on the 7/7/7 in America, which is unusual because that is a Saturday. No more news on the line-up being anything other than Billy and Jimmy.

Worst. Title. Ever.

if ever a word didn't reflect the zeitgeist, then it's "zeitgeist". How 1994.

Even The levellers called an album by that name about a decade ago.

• 2 months later...

Quote from Ben Lee (Australian singer-songwriter person) about the new LP:

went to the Smashing Pumpkins album-wrap party and heard their awesome newie. Seriously, the heaviest and most intense thing they have ever done. Really exceptional. Sounds like the world needs a record like that right now.

*makes small mess in pants*