aberdeen-music

Triphop 4 U

Stripey

i gave it a listen and it's not too bad. i'm not into that kinda stuff so i don't know how it ompares, but i did find it quite entertaining. not mind blowing, but then i don't imagine that's what i ws expected to think of it.

some nice little bits in there, particularly the 'doo doobe doo doo' at 1:17 and 1:36. drums sound really good too. i prefer theme arlier with the ride cymbal kinda thing going on.

some of the sounds remind me of alien quadrilogy for the saturn!

/x

i gave it a listen and it's not too bad. i'm not into that kinda stuff so i don't know how it ompares' date=' but i did find it quite entertaining. not mind blowing, but then i don't imagine that's what i ws expected to think of it.

some nice little bits in there, particularly the 'doo doobe doo doo' at 1:17 and 1:36. drums sound really good too. i prefer theme arlier with the ride cymbal kinda thing going on.

some of the sounds remind me of alien quadrilogy for the saturn!

/x[/quote']

cheers for taking the time to have a listen!

Just gave it another bit of a listen.

Drums worked well, as does the bass parts and the little synth bursts at 1:17 (as mentioned).

Biggest problem I thought were the strings, sounded a bit limp, like something from that Playstation game 'Music'.

I'd beef up the strings and make the drums a bit harsher if I were you, give it more of a Tricky-esque feel and it would be pretty good, as the rest of it sounds alright.

Just gave it another bit of a listen.

Drums worked well' date=' as does the bass parts and the little synth bursts at 1:17 (as mentioned).

Biggest problem I thought were the strings, sounded a bit limp, like something from that Playstation game 'Music'.

I'd beef up the strings and make the drums a bit harsher if I were you, give it more of a Tricky-esque feel and it would be pretty good, as the rest of it sounds alright.[/quote']

Nahhh I don't think ill bother, thanks all the same. Good to see you are feeling the creative possibilities of the medium tho :up:

Guest Neubeatz

Quite a good sound, but I dont quite know what was happening with the "simulated switching on and off noise", like overloading the ram on the soundcard or overdriving the processer, when I get those glitches I think it's a fuck up with inadequate equipment,(I once cringed my way through a DT gig when my soundcard started doing that on stage..) but I have seen guitarists frantically flicking switches between pickups on their instruments acheiving onoffon effects in this way

Have you used this as part of the "soundscape"?

Musically, it certainly does have something "disturbed", subtle, but disturbed....keep knocking them oot :)