aberdeen-music

Fall of Troy? Fall of Troy!

Er, listen to F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X and any Minus the Bear song. Widdly melodies? Check. Big chorus? Check. Hardcore background? Check.

Just gone to my iTunes to check I wans't talking bollocks - FOT maybe a bit noisier, and MTB a bit better, but they're pretty similar....

Er' date=' listen to F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X and any Minus the Bear song. Widdly melodies? Check. Big chorus? Check. Hardcore background? Check.

Just gone to my iTunes to check I wans't talking bollocks - FOT maybe a bit noisier, and MTB a bit better, but they're pretty similar....[/quote']

sorry, but are we actually talking about the same bands???

Minus The Bears' sound largely relies on clean guitars (apart from the odd chorus), synth and poppier melodies. there is no aggression/screaming to their songs either. and they have that sunshine/on the beach promenade kind of sound to them as well.

I've got the debut and the new one - they're OK' date=' but only really have one stand-out track (F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X) - the rest sounds a little generic to me. Would rather listen to Minus The Bear.[/quote']

Agreed. Whether they sound alike or not I'd rather listen to Minus The Bear:love: