aberdeen-music

So, first major of the season - the Masters

framheim

I watched it last night.

First round is always pretty quiet stuff.

I'm sure there will be some big movers today.

it's quite interesting to see how the course plays though. it's obviously quite tough this year with so few players breaking 70.

worth watching just to laugh at darren clarkes clothes. *shudder*

it's quite interesting to see how the course plays though. it's obviously quite tough this year with so few players breaking 70.

worth watching just to laugh at darren clarkes clothes. *shudder*

I think a lot of guys were complaining that they have lengthened the course again.

And only the biggest hitters will have any hope on some holes.

I reckon there will be some monster scores!

But yes, Darren Clarke has interesting fashion sense.... Garcia had a pretty horrendous pair of orange trousers on too.

Classy.

its gunna be interesting to see who comes out on top on sunday. its ridiculous how lengthy the course is these days tho. puts so many strategy players out of contention in my opinion leaving very few to compete

id be very surprised if anyone other than

woods

singh

mickelson

garcia

goosen

els

howell

wouldnt mind being wrong tho

Guest Bob Double Jack
Not so sure about Lineker as the main anchor. Maybe it was just the nerves' date=' but he couldn't get through a sentence without stumbling. He's still a legend though.[/quote']

I agree completely. Legend yes, but put him back to Match of the Day and get shot of Ray Stubbs from it. I like Lineker, but he is not a golfing expert. It's be like having Nick Faldo presenting MOTD, it's just not right.

Lineker is as good at MOTD as David Gower is at cricket on Sky Sports - both are excellent.

I agree completely. Legend yes' date=' but put him back to Match of the Day and get shot of Ray Stubbs from it. I like Lineker, but he is not a golfing expert. It's be like having Nick Faldo presenting MOTD, it's just not right.

Lineker is as good at MOTD as David Gower is at cricket on Sky Sports - both are excellent.[/quote']

i believe lineker has a 5 handicap and plays about 4 times a week. probably more of an expert than most people.

Guest Bob Double Jack

true, but he just doesnt look comfortable. IMO, Steve Rider is better. But then again, it took me a while to get used to him on MOTD. I am probably being over critical, cos he must be shiteing it.

Rain delayed the play today but here is the current scores - round 3 not finished

Chad Campbell -6

Rocco Mediate -5

Tim Clark

Tiger Woods -3

Phil Mickelson

Padraig Harrington

Stephen Ames -2

Ernie Els

Vijay Singh

Fred Couples

Reteif Goosen

I would say the players and 2/3 under are the ones to really watch out for. Personally i would love to see Harrington win a major - especially in America. Can't see Chad Campbell holding on though.

reckon these are the players still in conention to win the masters, these are the scores for the start of the 4th round:

P. Mickelson -4 70 72 70 212

T2 C. Campbell -3 71 67 75 213

T2 F. Couples -3 71 70 72 213

T4 R. Mediate -2 68 73 73 214

T4 D. Clarke -2 72 70 72 214

T4 V. Singh -2 67 74 73 214

T4 T. Woods -2 72 71 71 214

T4 T. Clark -2 70 72 72 214

T4 S. Ames -2 74 70 70 214

T10 R. Goosen -1 70 73 72 215

T10 M. Jimenez -1 72 74 69 215

T12 E. Els E 71 71 74 216

T12 S. Cink E 72 73 71 216

T12 B. Mayfair E 71 72 73 216

T12 J. Furyk

you just never know because golf is a funny old game, i'll be keeping an eye on furyk as he was one of a few players not to be playing already today so should be sharp!!

and of course the goose who my money is on - MON THE GOOSEN