aberdeen-music

Piano singer/songwiriters in Aberdeen...

diarmaid

Just curious, but how many people in and around Aberdeen are there that would consider themselves solo singer/songwriters piano/guitar or otherwise. The only one ive ever seen is the, as drummonds refer to him as, Legend That Is John Otway. Or is aberdeen merely just the land of the band...

Dx

Guest bluesxman
Emma Forman' date=' The Boy Lacks Patience, Amber, Steve Milne, Lindsay Allison, Fiona Keenan, Amy and Kathryn Sawers, Alan Cynic (he's a real legend), there are loads.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Do Emma Forman, Amber and Kitchen Cynics play piano?

Just curious' date=' but how many people in and around Aberdeen are there that would consider themselves solo singer/songwriters[b'] piano/guitar or otherwise. The only one ive ever seen is the, as drummonds refer to him as, Legend That Is John Otway. Or is aberdeen merely just the land of the band...

Dx

Read the post

Its a bit daft making a post "piano singers" then saying "piano' date=' guitar, moofy, washboard etc"

I play keyboard and sing but will never unleash it upon the public, probably because I've only been playing 3 months.. :D[/quote']

It's also a bit daft to reply without reading, but we all do it.

I've played my little Casio PT-20 now and again :)

I think upnorthmusicproject should definitely check out The Boy Lacks Patience' date='as both have a liking for Ben Folds Five.[/quote']

That ben folds song "jesusland" is one of the reasons I picked up the keyboard....think I've got the intro nailed but lose it after that .... ?(

Yeah i've checked the boy lacks patience out. He's good. Pity I missed him playing last night at the tunnels. Any one go? Oh yeah, if you like Jesusland have a listen to 'the ascent of stan' of Ben Folds Rockin the Suburbs Album. Similar song.

Dx

oh and i agree, it is a bit daft, but hey i changed my mind half way through...