aberdeen-music

Movies With Great Rock Themes or Guest Appearances...

Diesel

Guest bluesxman
Airheads is one of my favourites. "How can you pluralise The Lone Rangers?"

Doesn't singles have the Pearl Jam drummer in it or something?

Singles has Eddie Vedder as Matt Dillon's band's drummer. Pearl Jam bass player is also in there and I think one of the guitarists. I've had a memory blank and forgotten their names offhand. Chris Cornell also appears beside the Soundgarden onstage appearance.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most cynical piece of movie marketing

One of the most cynical pieces of movie marketing I've ever seen was for "Vision Quest" starring Matthew Modine and Linda Fiorentino (sexy burd fae "Men in Black")

Madonna appears as a singer in a bar performing "Crazy For You" and it's a background non-speaking role.

The movie - about an aspiring High School wrestler, who wants to take on the state heavyweight champ and falls in love with an older woman (Fiorentino) - is actually OK, but did hee-haw at the box office.

By the time it was due for release on video, Madonna's career had gone stratospheric and the clever marketing dudes released the movie as "Crazy For You" starring Matthew Modine and Madonna and both the video box and the trailers were ambigous enough for you to think that his characters fall for Moadonna's - even though she's only in for less that 20 secs.

Opportunist or what ?

DZL

Spinal Tap! The most obvious of all rock films.

Rock and Roll High School featuring the Ramones. Classic.

Almost Famous as well I suppose. Although I haven't seen it in ages and remember thinking it wasn't as good as it should have been.

Yes, to all of these. Although Rock and Roll High School is a bit of a mindfuck at times. Like Joey only being allowed to eat alfalfa, and Dee Dee in the shower, and the giant mouse with the headphones!

The Big Lebowski is amazing and has Flea from RHCP in it as well as a great soundtrack and some rock references in it as I recall.

Airheads raised a chuckle at the time it was released as well but that was ages and ages ago and might be shite if I watched it these days.

'Singles' anyone?

Airheads is still great viewing. And Singles was like the movie of my teenage years!