aberdeen-music

Chris Gorman Plays The Tunnels

19-04-06.jpg

Alternative singer/songwriter Chris Gorman is coming to the Tunnels on April 19th.

'Glasgow singer songwriter Chris Gorman sidled quietly onto the scene with a minimum of fuss early in 2003 armed with a clutch of songs that had never seen the light beyond the bedroom door. Within a few short months of returning to the gigging circuit however, he began writing and re-writing furiously, so soon, it was a different side that the audiences were seeing.

After the initially apologetic and mournful songs, the new material was darker, harder and much more twisted - but still with an accessible core that drew fans from all areas. After a series of gigs including Motherwell Civic Centre, Strawberry Fields, Barfly, Cabaret Voltaire and a high profile support at King Tut's, Chris recorded a demo at the request of Parlophone. He subsequently formed a band around the later material and continued the year with more gigs at Barfly (including two supports with Regina Spektor), a headline slot at King Tut's, and a show at the Barrowlands Revue Bar with the Grim Northern Social.'

www.myspace.com/chrisgorman

With support from Kenetic, The Boy Lacks Patience & Jamie Sturt

www.myspace.com/keneticmusic

www.myspace.com/theboylackspatience

www.myspace.com/jamiesturt

Alternative singer/songwriter Chris Gorman is coming to the Tunnels on April 19th.

'Glasgow singer songwriter Chris Gorman sidled quietly onto the scene with a minimum of fuss early in 2003 armed with a clutch of songs that had never seen the light beyond the bedroom door. Within a few short months of returning to the gigging circuit however' date=' he began writing and re-writing furiously, so soon, it was a different side that the audiences were seeing.

After the initially apologetic and mournful songs, the new material was darker, harder and much more twisted - but still with an accessible core that drew fans from all areas. After a series of gigs including Motherwell Civic Centre, Strawberry Fields, Barfly, Cabaret Voltaire and a high profile support at King Tut's, Chris recorded a demo at the request of Parlophone. He subsequently formed a band around the later material and continued the year with more gigs at Barfly (including two supports with Regina Spektor), a headline slot at King Tut's, and a show at the Barrowlands Revue Bar with the Grim Northern Social.'

http://www.myspace.com/chrisgorman

With support from Kenetic & others

oh really......

Review of Chris Gorman's gig at the Glasgow Barfly:

"Downstairs, Chris Gorman was playing some utterly jaw-dropping material. Accomponied only by a guitarist (whose playing was very subtle throughout). He is definately one talented chap. Unlike many solo artists whose lack of diversity allows the mind to wander mid-set, Gorman keeps us fixed to the stage throughout with songs that make you stare and think 'I wish I was that good' to yourself. And the voice. Chris Gorman has the best voice i have ever heard in my life. Quiet falsetto to balls-out screams, this guy's sense of dynamics has to be seen to be believed. Watch out for this guy- he could well make it if he's seen by the right people"

• 2 weeks later...

i was being serious

except for the fact that we are doing LOWER FORTY-EIGHT (monotreme records, same label as 65daysofstatic, thee more shallows, picastro etc) and perineum from dundee, with local support from dear john. www.myspace.com/lowerfortyeight

all of this for £3.50 doon the moorings bar (cheap booze night)

different stuff like

i was being serious

except for the fact that we are doing LOWER FORTY-EIGHT (monotreme records' date=' same label as 65daysofstatic, thee more shallows, picastro etc) and perineum from dundee, with local support from dear john. [url']www.myspace.com/lowerfortyeight

all of this for £3.50 doon the moorings bar (cheap booze night)

different stuff like

Representing!

Respect to the Maxi-pad.

i was being serious

except for the fact that we are doing LOWER FORTY-EIGHT (monotreme records' date=' same label as 65daysofstatic, thee more shallows, picastro etc) and perineum from dundee, with local support from dear john. [url']www.myspace.com/lowerfortyeight

all of this for 3.50 doon the moorings bar (cheap booze night)

different stuff like

bah, noise.:)