aberdeen-music

wanted - electronic components

Stripey

yeah, but the chemistry department keeps everything cool locked away now, and the acid (the only thing not locked up) is so piss weak you can drink it. i do however have 3 bunsen burners, a fire proof mat, a few stirring rods, a spatula, and about 2 million test tubes.

Guest onlynik

Grampian Electronic Components Ltd

01224 481000

19-25 Don St (Great Northern Road)

RS Components Ltd

01224 873233

Peterseat Drive Altens Ind Est

Guest Hon Jonda
RS have a store in altens?!

Yes and they have had for a few years now. I have a 12k resistor for £10 if you want it its on some sort of silicone board

great

yeah' date=' but the chemistry department keeps everything cool locked away now, and the acid (the only thing not locked up) is so piss weak you can drink it. i do however have 3 bunsen burners, a fire proof mat, a few stirring rods, a spatula, and about 2 million test tubes.[/quote']

thanks a lot fuckwit,that's why we pay so much tax,to replace the stuff that gets swiped or vandalised "for fun",join a band if you want to revolt,I'll nick your guitar,sell it on e bay and we will call it quits,thanks for fuck all, very pissdly...well it is after 4 am on a Fudge night, Biz.

check your spelling

Its Biz,with a capital B,and I have always paid far too much tax due to mindless idiots nicking stuff they have no use for,and last nights fine example in The Moorings where someone though it would be a hoot to break the bog - flooding the floor,grrr I hate arsehole vandals and assholes who slander me, knowing fuck all about how much tax I pay,which, having worked in some tasty jobs, is very likely to be far more than you

spell check THIS - GETTAEFUCKANDSLAGSOMEDICKTHATDESERVESIT

Guest Hon Jonda
Its Biz' date='with a capital B,and I have always paid far too much tax due to mindless idiots nicking stuff they have no use for,and last nights fine example in The Moorings where someone though it would be a hoot to break the bog - flooding the floor,grrr I hate arsehole vandals and assholes who slander me, knowing fuck all about how much tax I pay,which, having worked in some tasty jobs, is very likely to be far more than you

spell check THIS - GETTAEFUCKANDSLAGSOMEDICKTHATDESERVESIT[/quote']

What has someone breaking the bog at the moorings got to do with you paying more tax?

Its Biz' date='with a capital B,and I have always paid far too much tax due to mindless idiots nicking stuff they have no use for,and last nights fine example in The Moorings where someone though it would be a hoot to break the bog - flooding the floor,grrr I hate arsehole vandals and assholes who slander me, knowing fuck all about how much tax I pay,which, having worked in some tasty jobs, is very likely to be far more than you

spell check THIS - GETTAEFUCKANDSLAGSOMEDICKTHATDESERVESIT[/quote']

Dontcha get paid for playing covers?

Theft by another name in my opinion.

You are a shite stirring Dick

I would rather play covers of great songs that plenty punters want to hear,than fanny about writing namby pamby boring shite like some people I could mention.

I have played in plenty bands writing original material and for fun play covers,this creates plenty revenue for venues,promoters,etc.

My bands play to large audiences ,that's cause we play music punters are more than willing to pay to hear again and again which is more than can be said about some other local acts playing "original material".

Theft and vandalism are not activities which I participate in, they are the passtimes of losers.

I would rather play covers of great songs that plenty punters want to hear' date='than fanny about writing namby pamby boring shite like some people I could mention.

I have played in plenty bands writing original material and for fun play covers,this creates plenty revenue for venues,promoters,etc.

My bands play to large audiences ,that's cause we play music punters are more than willing to pay to hear again and again which is more than can be said about some other local acts playing "original material".

Theft and vandalism are not activities which I participate in, they are the passtimes of losers.[/quote']

So you dont believe that the artists who's music you are playing/making money from deserve to be payed as well?

I would rather play covers of great songs that plenty punters want to hear' date='than fanny about writing namby pamby boring shite like some people I could mention.

Theft and vandalism are not activities which I participate in, they are the passtimes of losers.[/quote']

ah wis only pulling yer leg, i respected you aka ska effort, though your comic efforts were less than impressive. likely you have paid a lot more tax than me even though i did the decent thing and handed myself in to ruby place a few of weeks ago. really man, what's your bag, chill.

Maplins should be able to help you out for resisters/capacitors, The shops up next to the Hudagain roundabout

I would learn your colour codes first though, or at least write down what the ones you want are, hald the people there don't seem to have a clue

What like are Grampian Electonic components and RS? I didn't even knew we had any other electronics shops apart from maplins... they pretty decent for guitar pedal type parts (pots, switches, transisters, enclosures etc...?

David

they are

So you dont believe that the artists who's music you are playing/making money from deserve to be payed as well?

That's why set lists are given to The Lemon Tree etc so the PRS can dish out payment to the original artists,plus we provide links to the original artists on our site so the punters can buy the originals from them.

and finally...

That's why set lists are given to The Lemon Tree etc so the PRS can dish out payment to the original artists' date='plus we provide links to the original artists on our site so the punters can but the originals from them.[/quote']

I dont think Tunnels or Drummonds does such a thing? I've certainly never been handed a set list/prs type form liket the lemon tree uses anyway.

Do you declare these earnings from gigs for tax?

Yes

But after talking into account costs of weekly rehearsals,instruments,van hire,fuel,advertising posters,flyers,tickets,web sites,texts,phone,internet,clothes,etc the taxman gets little or nothing from the bands, but they do make a healthy profit from the drinks punters and bands buy at venues,and the revenue gained by studios,van hire etc etc.

bit of a long shot' date=' but if any of you have a stash of components, I need a 12k resistor and a 2.7n ceramic capacitor. 2 of each would be great. Failing that, is there anywhere in aberdeen that sells this kind of thing?[/quote']

If you havn't bought these already the RS Part No.for the 12K resistor is 504-9218

If you could give a better description of the ceramic capacitor you're after, i'll be able to track the part no. down for you.

ask studio managers

I have been going to several Aberdeen studios every week for the last 8 years,they will confirm I always ask for receipts to keep the tax man happy.

I doubt if many musicians set up business bank accounts,in most circumstances the revenue is so small it is not worth while,plus you do not get paid interest,I have been doing this for years and resent the fact that you think I am untrustworthy,ask any band I have asked to support us and they will confirm we are very generous with payment.

I have been going to several Aberdeen studios every week for the last 8 years' date='they will confirm I always ask for receipts to keep the tax man happy.

I doubt if many musicians set up business bank accounts,in most circumstances the revenue is so small it is not worth while,plus you do not get paid interest,I have been doing this for years and resent the fact that you think I am untrustworthy,ask any band I have asked to support us and they will confirm we are very generous with payment.[/quote']

I'm just playing.

Guest lime ruined my life
they pretty decent for guitar pedal type parts (pots' date=' switches, transisters, enclosures etc...?

David[/quote']

they're OK, although badly overpriced.

i bought 2500 metal film resistors off ebay recently for about a tenner.

maplin sell a variety box of 610 carbon film for about 8 quid.