aberdeen-music

Grind/Screamo/Post Rock nonsense...

Guest Phantomsmasher

Guest Phantomsmasher

Not sure if this will get any replies or not, but thought it worth trying for the hell of it.

Apart from my Asahara project, would like to get back into doing vocals for an actual band.

Ideally would love to do something with bits of grind, 90's emo violence (Page. 99, Orchid ect) mixed with post-rock, and bits of crust (ala His Hero Is Gone).

Basically mixing up a fast hardcore with more epic/melodic moments. Which would be great... (well at least in my head it sounds great)

Got some live experiance for a few years with Evacuating Heaven, so yeah if anyone at all is interested you know the drill...

• Upvote 1

I could do guitar for something like this if you find a decent drummer...9 times outta 10 it's the drummer that makes bands like these, especially live. I've been working on a lot of songs that might sound similar to what you're thinking though, I'll try and get them recorded....

Cool choice with His Hero Is Gone, one of the best live bands I've ever seen... :up:

Guest Phantomsmasher

Cheers for that mate.

Aye, totaly agree about the drummer thing, these kind of bands don't work to work well without a good drummer.

Wish, I'd seen H.H.I.G. live, but 15 Counts of Arson is as good as it gets for me...

It's actually harder to write this sorta shit than I thought (spent too long playing other shit)....but here are a few ideas all cut and paste together, so the whole things make no musical sense, and sounds awful and sloppy and out of time (and some of it sounds like dodgy speed metal)...but see what you think

http://www.keilan303.demon.co.uk/ideas.mp3

Guest Phantomsmasher

Hopefully this is going to work out pretty well...

Keilan the ideas were just the kind of thing I was thinking about, pretty cool.

Just hopefully there's a bassist and a drummer who'd want this kinda band to get going.

Cool! Should be interesting....

What about Phat Tom? ...maybe not his sorta music but he's technically capable of drumming like that....

As for bass....anyone with a solid hand who loves a massive distorted tone who doesn't mind shredding their hand on the strings and we should be sorted :)

Got a few more "tunes" in mind....will get some better recordings done

I would be up for the bass part' date=' though I have a distinct lack of a bass guitar. or any bass equipment for that matter.[/quote']

I'm actually sorted in that department...if you like 3 string basses :D two more than you'll need anyway. my bass is pretty decent sounding through a shredmaster. only got a laney amp (150w) but it sounds good enough....

Guest Phantomsmasher
need a drummer you say?

Someone with skills to play grind/crust/post rock???

Own equipment aswell ......

fuck .... i don't come under that category or anything ....

Thought you wern't into playing fast these days?

Right well I got the rest of a song worked out....not totally set in stone and it was all written as seperate pieces and edited together (some of it might sound obvious) but hopefully it flows and sounds like some good shit, theres guitar bass and drums on it so see if you think you're up for the task! :D

Oh yeah what sorta vocals are you thinking? Please say screams and shouts and not death growls :D I like death growls in moderation but prefer something more like His Hero is gone mixed with Drop Dead for vocals.

Oh yeah theres very little emo/post rock in this...and probably too much metal :S Probably work that all out if we get together??

http://www.keilan303.demon.co.uk/newfuckingsong.mp3 (4:39)

4.8MB

Guest Phantomsmasher

Oh yeah what sorta vocals are you thinking? Please say screams and shouts and not death growls :D I like death growls in moderation but prefer something more like His Hero is gone mixed with Drop Dead for vocals.

Screaming and shouting are probibly what I'm best at, not too keen on death grunts either, especialy not in hardcore.

Guest Phantomsmasher

Ignoring Five year's comments, is everyone who has replied to this up for a jam at some point in order to see if this is actualy going to work out?

• 2 weeks later...