aberdeen-music

collaboration: you, me and powerpoint?

The Ghost Of Fudge

ok. who's got powerpoint on their machine? who's capable of knocking up the 'slide-show' of nominees to be beamed onto the lemon tree's big screen on saturday?

you get in free, of course. all we want is a screen that says 'SUCH AND SUCH AWARD', then drops in the names of the nominees at the touch of a button, and finally clears to the winner's name. repeat 17 times. easy.

PM me or post here if you can help out...

ok. who's got powerpoint on their machine? who's capable of knocking up the 'slide-show' of nominees to be beamed onto the lemon tree's big screen on saturday?

you get in free' date=' of course. all we want is a screen that says 'SUCH AND SUCH AWARD', then drops in the names of the nominees at the touch of a button, and finally clears to the winner's name. repeat 17 times. easy.

PM me or post here if you can help out...[/quote']

reject_monkey or scott from constantstaticgraphics will probs do it.

www.myspace.com/constantstaticgraphics

Guest scott cs.

i would do it, but alas, i don't have powerpoint.

i'd also be tempted to put as much dissolve, slide and appear effects on the text as i possibly could :D

thanks for the link tho, ben.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe you have only just started working on the PowerPoint presentation just now. :p

can't you? personally' date=' i thought this was plenty time :D

Bri, do you want me to see if I can find some awards ceremony background music to play during the awards bits or are you not fussed?

that would rock. i could send you a list of nominees and winners to make it easy if you wanted. i was going to download some tunes and try to make a cd tonight, but frankly, as i'm on dial-up with a slow machine, that could take forever......

christ, nominees and winners? that would take some doing if it was just going to be on a CD. tell ya what, PM or e-mail me the list of winners and I'll get some tracks for them if I can and then get some decent awards background music for everything else. Having to skip through tracks for all the nominees would be a nightmare unless you included the music with the powerpoint presentation! How's that sound?

perhpas we could also have a sweeping orchestral number before each awards segment' date=' that would be 'classy'. better than rammstein anyway.[/quote']

Exactly what I had in mind as well. In fact, I was trying to "locate" the music they use in the Oscars but it's proving much more harder than I first thought. Worry not though. I'll find ya something...

Anyone got a laptop with powerpoint 2003 they are willing to lend me :p

only just realised my laptop has 2000 and i can't find the disk for 2003... i made the whole thing on 2003... and they have different animations... so basically im fucked... AAAARGH!