aberdeen-music

Even in Blackouts (ex-Screeching Weasel), Stayover, Buzzbomb, Planeteers, 15 Minutes

kirkt

GFN? presents:

Even in Blackouts: These are awesome. They feature Jughead from legendary Lookout!/Fat Wreck band Screeching Weasel who are one of my all time favourite bands. These are on Lookout! Records too and play female fronted acoustic pop punk. www.myspace.com/eveninblackouts

Stayover : Aberdeens most popular pop punk act www.stayover.net

Buzzbomb: Replacing I Stand Alone as the tour support, these play punk 'n'roll. Sound like Misfits a bit. Heard on Good for Nothing? Records Sampler 001 back in 2003 www.buzzbomb.co.uk

The Planeteers : Local superheroes playing some form of retarded punk www.myspace.com/planeteers

15 Minutes: Ex-Tearjerk members, acoustic punk in a similar vein to Against Me!

@ Cafe Drummonds, Wednesday 1st February 2006

8pm- late

6 door tax

over 14s welcome

Hearing "Hey Surburbia" and Jughead dedicate a song to me was some of the highlights of my life. I had loadsa fun havin a boogie to them. Really awesome band and lovely people too.

I didn't catch Buzzbomb or Stayover really cos I was rushing bout doin this and that.

The Planeteers sucked badly. However, we may be touring Northern Ireland so we can't have been as bad as I thought.

Really impressed with 15 Minutes too. Lookin forward to seeing them at the "This Bike is a PipeBomb" gig next week in Edinburgh