aberdeen-music

exclusive! Painkiller : new lineup

lepeep

yeah, a bit of a suprise there like (no mick)...I think he's pissed off a few too many people, a real shame.

I look forward to hearing this, should be far more intense (if that's possible) having two laptops, two drummers, one sax, bass, guitar, and mr Patton on Vocals.

Couldnie beat Micks banter between songs when he was in Napalm.

There is some decent bootleg footage of Painkiller knocking about.

Simon (mothboy) always tells me the story of him going to Holland with Mick to watch them play at a jazz festival...

I pretend not to hear him...

bastid!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Couldnie beat Micks banter between songs when he was in Napalm.

"Total whirlwind screaming disorder Autopsy doss" etc. I have some old ND footage on video, magic stuff. You can see Lee wishing Mick would shut it so they could get on with it.

"Total whirlwind screaming disorder Autopsy doss" etc. I have some old ND footage on video' date=' magic stuff. You can see Lee wishing Mick would shut it so they could get on with it.[/quote']

Aye that's about right...as much as I like Barney, I miss that line-up. Mentally Murdered is 'kin excellent.

Do you like the Painkiller stuff on Earache Jake?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Aye that's about right...as much as I like Barney' date=' I miss that line-up. Mentally Murdered is 'kin excellent.

Do you like the Painkiller stuff on Earache Jake?[/quote']

"Mentally Murdered" should have been their final release, an eternity of cult status would have been theirs. I've loads of ND stuff from '82-'89, could fill 3 D90's with it.

I bought "Guts of a Virgin" when it came out, and enjoyed it. I stll laugh at "Purgatory of fiery vulvas", what a song title. Traded it years ago, though. Never heard "Buried Secrets", as I started to go off Earache big time.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
theres a painkiller boxset floating on amazon' date=' but its pretty pricey

im a naked city fan would you reccomend?[/quote']

I'd say go for it. If you're into Naked City, you'll probably go a bundle over Painkiller. Vox, sax, bass, drums.

Would recomend buying the Naked City + Painkiller boxsets!!! Both around 45 notes. The Naked City stuff was re-mastered for the boxset and sounds the full bifta.

I picked up the Painkiller box on Amazon for around 20 (sent from the US).

It's a fantastic collection, I was amazed when I heard the extended live sets (3 20 min tracks), sheer bliss, you can hear where godflesh/ice were influenced in a few places (seeing as Justin Broadrick and Benny played on "the toll")...

and, I amazingly picked up the rare Talisman CD (for a pound!) in the fopp "coverless" sale...praise the lord!

you can also pick up some naked city for a fiver in fopp too, worth every penny.

jazz you can hear inspired mr Bungle, fantomas and SC3...all good in my book.