aberdeen-music

The cut scene from the Empire Strikes Back

jester1470

They're mentioned in Kevin J Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy. It's difficult to know whether the books are considered canon or not especially as Lucas himself borrows from the books when his world needs padding out. Coruscant as a name and as Imperial central was created by Timothy Zahn for his first trilogy.

Wasn't much of a fan of the Jedi Academy stuff to be honest, more of a Rogue Squandron man meself (as if the avatar didn't give *that* away ;) ). Anderson's work on the Bounty Hunter short stories was great though - his IG88 shit rules.

If Lucas does another trilogy, as unlikely as it seems, he couldn't go far wrong with simply adapting the Zahn novels, because lets face it - he's not going to come up with anything better himself. Consider the awesome characters introduced in Zahn's books - Thrawn, Mara Jade, Talon Karde, Joruus C'Boath etc. I've read internet rumours regarding the TV series that suggest that Mara Jade will be a major player.

Anyone read Zahn's follow up trilogy? I've got the first one (Specter of the Past), which was OK. I like the Palleaon as a character, but he's not as cool as Thrawn as an bad ass bad guy. Also - the comic adaptions of the Zahn books are well worth checking out - 'specially Last Command.

It was actually released as part of the two book "Hand of Thrawn" series . The second was called Vision of the Future. It's been six odd years since I actually read them. All I can really remember about them is that Moff Disra and Major Tierce got a con man named Flim to imitate Thrawn to try and intimidate systems into rejoing the rapidily dwindling remnant. Gonna have to go and read them now.

It was actually released as part of the two book "Hand of Thrawn" series . The second was called Vision of the Future. It's been six odd years since I actually read them. All I can really remember about them is that Moff Disra and Major Tierce got a con man named Flim to imitate Thrawn to try and intimidate systems into rejoing the rapidily dwindling remnant. Gonna have to go and read them now.

*spoilers*

Yeah and of course the romance between Jade and Skywalker starts. I agree that if he does a follow up trilogy he will have to have some consideration for the characters created in the follow up books. I really disliked the New Jedi Order books originally but then I really got into them especially when they started killing off major characters it showed that they were trying to create a realistic turn of events as therewas only so much 'and they all live happily ever after stuff you could do.

Cheers

Stuart

Wasn't much of a fan of the Jedi Academy stuff to be honest' date=' more of a Rogue Squandron man meself (as if the avatar didn't give *that* away ;) ). Anderson's work on the Bounty Hunter short stories was great though - his IG88 shit rules.

If Lucas does another trilogy, as unlikely as it seems, he couldn't go far wrong with simply adapting the Zahn novels, because lets face it - he's not going to come up with anything better himself. Consider the awesome characters introduced in Zahn's books - Thrawn, Mara Jade, Talon Karde, Joruus C'Boath etc. I've read internet rumours regarding the TV series that suggest that Mara Jade will be a major player.

Anyone read Zahn's follow up trilogy? I've got the first one (Specter of the Past), which was OK. I like the Palleaon as a character, but he's not as cool as Thrawn as an bad ass bad guy. Also - the comic adaptions of the Zahn books are well worth checking out - 'specially Last Command.[/quote']

Yeah I liked the Rogue Squadron books, and the Wraith Squadron books too, i actually interviewed Michael Stackpole for my dissertation. Have you read Stackpole's other Star Wars book - I, Jedi ?

I think, I have every star wars book going right back to the 'splinter in the mind's eye' novel, and the Lando and Han solo trilogies, straight through.

Cheers

Stuart

Yeah, think I'll re-read Spectre of The Past too!

Yeah' date=' I thought that was a pretty dick move on the part of the author. It was done pretty much just to sell books. To geeks. Like me.[/quote']

I think it had to be done, they were bringing in a new bad guy, they scarificed Obi Wan in the original trilogy to show how bad the imperials were, the whole without redemption thing, and Ithink they had do something with an established character. I also felt it led to an interesting arc with Solo's subsequent blaming himself and his son for it, which then culminiated in a self destructive streak. I also think to then go and kill off Anakin who Chewie saved also helped show that it was all useless etc, that they save one person and then the person they tried to save dies anyway, I really liked it.

Cheers

Stuart