aberdeen-music

Tunnels 6/01/06

Rasputin

I thought all the bands played really well last night at the tunnels... it was quite busy and there was a really good atmosphere, its such a great venue in my opinion.

I was particulalry impressed with the folky kind of band which I caught the last half of...sorry I dident catch there names think they were either the running late or the holy folks. The usuals played up to there typically high standard, and I thought Lunar performed one of the best sets I have ever seen them play live.

A really good night, we have some good local band talent in Aberdeen!:up:

I wouldnt call it agenda I am just trying to promote my bro's band. Here's my problem....I am biast, my brother is the guitarist, I think they are good, but i want to know whether thats me just being biased as his brother or not....get my drift. SO i simply want to know peoples opinions on them. Get ppl to go to the gigs etc. Bah its prob a complete waste of time anyway.

Maybe ill just stop banging on about them then.

Running Late were ok. Quite liked some of their songs, technical problems didnt help their cause but they were enjoyable nonetheless.

Lunar, im sorry to say Rasputin, didnt do anything for me. the music was ok, the singing was ok, the guitarist was ok, the bassist and the drummer were ok. nothing wrong with the whole thing, just bland, middle of the road cliched stuff. whilst confidence helps a front man, there is confidence and coming across as a bit of knob. i'm sure hes a nice enough guy, but seeing him strutting his stuff like a bad Bono was just embarrassing to watch. still, his mum and her mates seemed to think he was a god so fair play to him.

The Usuals i thought were excellent, really excellent, possibly my favourite aberdeen band. this was only the second time id seen them, but still caught myself singing along to the choruses of a lot of the songs. the frontman is really excellent and the band are among the tightest in aberdeen. will definatley be buying their e.p when it comes out in march i think it is.

all in all, a good night.

Kl...

yeah i thought the Usuals were good too.

I just remembered...Neil ( the singer) he stood on ur guys table dident he? He can be a bit OTT, its wierd though because he gets really nervous before doing a gig, and panics himself...I think he then feels he has to over do it on stage....

oh well