aberdeen-music

Oink invites?

-matthEw-

• 4 weeks later...

Big scene bust yesterday in Germany, something like 15 release groups were raided and wiped out by the GVU (German federation against copyright theft)

Heres the good part...just after the raids, the GVU's offices themselves were also raided, as they were in on some of the leasings of servers...so it was a double sting :)

I'd be a bit cautious from now on however....particularly if you have an obvious ISP like BT, AOL etc....

That's groups who work in the scene, there's no need to worry about downloading from that.

Dunno if you know much aobut the scene, but they supply the advances and 0-days, not to do with kids downloading.

Sites are getting shut down, but people arn't getting busted as far as i know. When they are saying servers there, i'm guessing they mean the release groups ftp rather than a torrent sites server.

Who knows, they'd go for public trackers first anyway

EDIT: if you wanna be safe with music, only get RIAA safe albums, check using magnetbox' RIAA radar.