aberdeen-music

The Kinks' Back Catalogue

-matthEw-

ive always been a huge Kinks fan, but only really having heard The Greatest Hits sorta deals. However, ive recently got Arthur and the Village Green Preservation Society and jesus! they are good, especially Arthur.

I had always thought of them as a great Singles Band that never really made classic albums - of course i now realise that that is pish. So what other albums do people recommend?

Village Green Preservation Society Act 2 is one to avoid. I had high hopes but it's dull as dishwater.

That one's actually just called Preservation Act2 (there's an album called Preservation Act1), but you're right...it's grim. In my opinion anything after Muswell Hillbillies is poorish, although each one has a few good songs on it.

Well I would beggar to differ on the titles of both (never heard 1...as 2 put me right off). I've got it on olde worlde cassette somewhere and I'll dig it out if I feel sad over the festive period.

But yes, it's shite.

The Kinks have some fab stuff, mostly in the 60s though. That Come Dancing effort ...poor fare :down: