aberdeen-music

Bus strike

Hog

fuck them all greedy bastards. too many people take 'strike' action thesedays. Load of bullshit. Work hard and you'll get rewarded. outline why they deserve such a large payrise and maybe then i'd conside it. Bringing the non driving part of the city to a standstill is shite.

They drive a fuckin bus? how well deserving of a 5% payrise do they think they are like?

do they consider pulling out on every fucker on the roads good work if so they should get 50% payrise.

BASTARDS< the lot of them!!!!!

rant over.

breathe.

Aye Calm the beans min...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest five years

anyone know how to walk?

FUCK standing at a bus stop for an hour freezing your ass off when you could walk and not be cold! fair enough i do get buses, but only out of convenience and laziness, if needs be, i do walk to work, i'd rather stay in bed for an extra 20 minutes, but if there's no alternative...

aberdeen really isn't THAT big-a-city to walk about anyway. aberdeen uni to union street is what? a 20-25 mins max, rgu garthdee to union street a bit more...or even...cycle?

Guest five years
entire service is crap

wouldn't go that far. it isn't.

longest you'll wait for a bus at a reasonable time of day (between say 8am and 6pm) on most routes generally IS within the "every ten minutes" or whatever. obviously there are fuck ups and you have to occasionally wait longer, so what? if you're in that much of a hurry to be somewhere, leave earlier.

i have absolutely no idea how much bus drivers get paid, but i can't imagine it's very much and, as many bus drivers appear to be 30+, possibly with families etc and it is afterall christmas (the most expensive time of the year for many people), why shouldn't they want more money? i bet YOU would like to be paid more from your job.

wouldn't go that far. it isn't.

longest you'll wait for a bus at a reasonable time of day (between say 8am and 6pm) on most routes generally IS within the "every ten minutes" or whatever. obviously there are fuck ups and you have to occasionally wait longer' date=' so what? if you're in that much of a hurry to be somewhere, leave earlier.

i have absolutely no idea how much bus drivers get paid, but i can't imagine it's very much and, as many bus drivers appear to be 30+, possibly with families etc and it is afterall christmas (the most expensive time of the year for many people), why shouldn't they want more money? i bet YOU would like to be paid more from your job.[/quote']

bollocks. they should be living within their means in that case. I'd love to be getting paid more but I would like to feel I've earned it and deserve it. they took the job on knowing how much they were to be paid, i do agree that they should get a riase - they were offered one and declined it then went on strike. FUCKERS!.

and i dont even use public transport!!

Guest five years
bollocks. they should be living within their means in that case. I'd love to be getting paid more but I would like to feel I've earned it and deserve it. they took the job on knowing how much they were to be paid' date=' i do agree that they should get a riase - they were offered one and declined it then went on strike. FUCKERS!.

and i dont even use public transport!![/quote']

so you're not getting fucked over by them being on strike and you're making a fuss...jeez...

i never get pissed off when a bus is late,

i never go off in a rant ('there should be more buses') when im waiting for a bus in the morning for uni and it drives pase because its full,

dont have a problem wiht the fare charge,

but!!

Ive never seen a happy bus driver! and i think they should shut up with all this strike talk/action and drive me to my gig @ the tunnels on Sunday!!!

i have an idea!

i'm going to set up as bus service! fares are cheap all drives have to dress like this:

320%20-%20mike%20-%20the%20bus%20driver.jpg

and drive a bus like this:

CatCarBig.jpg

Guest DustyDeviada
anyone know how to walk?

FUCK standing at a bus stop for an hour freezing your ass off when you could walk and not be cold! fair enough i do get buses' date=' but only out of convenience and laziness, if needs be, i do walk to work, i'd rather stay in bed for an extra 20 minutes, but if there's no alternative...

aberdeen really isn't THAT big-a-city to walk about anyway. aberdeen uni to union street is what? a 20-25 mins max, rgu garthdee to union street a bit more...or even...cycle?[/quote']

I'm sure this advice is going to be warmly welcomed by people in Culter, Cults, Bridge of Don, Dyce, Kingswells etc, all within the city, all not very handy for walking to Union Street.

I'm sure this advice is going to be warmly welcomed by people in Culter' date=' Cults, Bridge of Don, Dyce, Kingswells etc, all within the city, all not very handy for walking to Union Street.[/quote']

spot on - AND the 19 bus has drivers who are WHORES!. one drove past me once on gt western road when i clearly was running to get it waving it down. she didn't apologise either when she got stuck in traffic and i caught her. SLUT.

Guest five years
I'm sure this advice is going to be warmly welcomed by people in Culter' date=' Cults, Bridge of Don, Dyce, Kingswells etc, all within the city, all not very handy for walking to Union Street.[/quote']

true enough. my bad.

Guest DustyDeviada
AND the 19 bus has drivers who are WHORES!. one drove past me once on gt western road when i clearly was running to get it waving it down. she didn't apologise either when she got stuck in traffic and i caught her. SLUT.

See, your mistake there was trying to pick up a whore on Gt Western Road.

They won't run away from you down at the harbour (so I've heard o_O )

spot on - AND the 19 bus has drivers who are WHORES!. one drove past me once on gt western road when i clearly was running to get it waving it down. she didn't apologise either when she got stuck in traffic and i caught her. SLUT.

Deary me Beeker:rolleyes:

Guest DustyDeviada
I like it when you've been standing at the appropriate bus stop for ages and the bus isn't full... but it still drives past regardless.

Dicks.

Are you sure it wasn't a lamp-post?

damn it! I'm going to have to get up earlier now. Why do the first bus employees deserve more pay when their services are never on time! And the services are over-priced!

Because they dont set manning levels or fare prices ..... DUH!!

When first bus increase fares and reduce services they increase their profit which in turn should be shared with the workers.....

G...

She probably guessed you were a whinging git....

Oh and I thought you didnt use public transport....someones telling porkies.

bus drivers do tend to be dicks who don't understand the principle of 'the customer is always right'. i've never met a friendly, pleasant or polite bus driver and they all treat their job like they're doing you a favor. i don't know any other industry where employees could get away treating customers like bus drivers do. i flagged down a stagecoach bus last sunday because there were no first buses running, and when i handed over a fiver in order to get change, the bus driver looked at me and asked me if that was what my fare was supposed to look like and then told me he 'shouldn't have stopped this fucking bus for you' even though he had a full drawer of change in front of me. if you were to talk to someone like that whilst working in a shop or a restaurant, you'd be sacked immediately. so no, i don't think they deserve a pay increase. although i do think a lot of the problems with First is that there is no direct competition to encourage them to operate more efficiantly as a company.