aberdeen-music

Info for all bands playing on Sunday

Hog

Ok, there are lots of bands playing, I wanted this so there is good value for money and also a good range of music.

This also means that there will be the need for quick changeovers. If all bands can use the house kit, my amp and head, the house bass amp, the house guitar amp and head it would be appreciated. If you have to use your own guitar head, just unplug my head and you can use my cab.

Maybe not ideal but Weeping Jesus, Ascension, SOM and Element are all pretty rock/metal orientated. If these bands could go without soundcheck. The reason for this? There is a charity gig which finishes late afternoon in the Tunnels. So really for sound check, only Baby Karma and MMW. Stayover cant soundcheck anyway due to work commitments. Also, please just play a short set i.e. 20-25 mins. Sounds terrible but once you have finished playing, get the fuck off the stage lol.:up:

Any problems, thoughts, please PM me. Yes I know that having no sound check is not ideal but we have quite a few bands. First band on are Baby Karma at 7pm.

Thank you for all taking part:kiss:

Also...could you MAKE SURE that someone takes a good and in working order drum stool as i saw in the gig announcements that the in-house one is fucked. That cool?

Good idea, its amazing how this simple piece of furniture gets overlooked all the time!!

I aint taking mine though, its too cumbersome to fit in the car!!:down: Plus i usually end up bailing out EVERY drummer at most gigs we play as no-one ever takes any drum stuff!!

!

ALSO, CAN EVERY DRUMMER WHERE POSSIBLE TAKE ONE CYMBAL STAND, I'VE LOST COUNT OF THE AMOUNT OF TIMES I'VE HAD TO HANG ABOUT WAITING TO RETRIEVE MY EQUIPMENT BECAUSE SOME DRUMMERS TURN UP TO A GIG WITH NO EQUIPMENT AND EXPECT SOMEONE TO BAIL THEM OUT! I DONT USUALLY MIND BUT I'M GETTING A BIT BORED WITH UNPREPARED FOLK, ITS LIKE A GUITARIST TURNING UP WITH NO STRINGS TO ME REALLY!!:up:

ALSO' date=' CAN EVERY DRUMMER WHERE POSSIBLE TAKE ONE CYMBAL STAND, I'VE LOST COUNT OF THE AMOUNT OF TIMES I'VE HAD TO HANG ABOUT WAITING TO RETRIEVE MY EQUIPMENT BECAUSE SOME DRUMMERS TURN UP TO A GIG WITH NO EQUIPMENT AND EXPECT SOMEONE TO BAIL THEM OUT! I DONT USUALLY MIND BUT I'M GETTING A BIT BORED WITH UNPREPARED FOLK, ITS LIKE A GUITARIST TURNING UP WITH NO STRINGS TO ME REALLY!!:up:[/quote']

Or like me forgetting the actual guitar hehe:up:

ALSO' date=' CAN EVERY DRUMMER WHERE POSSIBLE TAKE ONE CYMBAL STAND, I'VE LOST COUNT OF THE AMOUNT OF TIMES I'VE HAD TO HANG ABOUT WAITING TO RETRIEVE MY EQUIPMENT BECAUSE SOME DRUMMERS TURN UP TO A GIG WITH NO EQUIPMENT AND EXPECT SOMEONE TO BAIL THEM OUT! I DONT USUALLY MIND BUT I'M GETTING A BIT BORED WITH UNPREPARED FOLK, ITS LIKE A GUITARIST TURNING UP WITH NO STRINGS TO ME REALLY!!:up:[/quote']

I'll have three with me, you're welcome to use them all if needed.

My stool's buggered too, someone else can deal with that.........