aberdeen-music

Wed 24th March - The Sonar Yen/ Major Major/ Dedalus/ Politik

sex pest sidca

Live at Dr. Drakes - Wed 24th March, 8pm 3.

The Sonar Yen - http://www.anexium.com/thesonaryen

Up & coming Manchester noiseniks touring the release of their new album "The Slow Picture" (dist. thru Cargo). Think equal parts Jesus&Mary Chain, Sonic Youth, Mogwai and Joy Division, firing on all cylinders - woohoo, hold on to yer hats!!

Major Major

Edinburgh art punks who rocked the Lemon Tree's abysmal night to its very core last time they ventured North. Obvious comparisons to Sonic Youth plague them wherever they go, which I believe irritates them so I won't mention it.

Dedalus

Aberdeen's favourite hipster army re-emerge with all new drum attack system, and rumour of electronic experimentation entering the arena... or was that a dream? Only one way to find out...!

Politik

Local sex-toys on the up and up. After playing a blinder with Hookers Green and Delicate AWOL and with their inclusion on the recent Nomad AM compilation, things seem to be rocking along nicely for Politik. All I can say is that the cute little blighters deserve it!

'Obvious comparisons to Sonic Youth plague them wherever they go, which I believe irritates them so I won't mention it.'

Hee hee! The comparisons make me laugh, simply because they annoy the guitarists. My theory is that the comparisons will maybe stop as soon as we stop sounding like them. If were not 50% motown, 25% disco, and 25% MBV by the end of the year, the solo project may have to take precedence...

Politik and Dedalus playing the gig as well? Oh my! Should be awesome. I like being in Major Major at gigs like this. It's like getting into see bands I like for free. Hurrah!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr Blastcap

whats the word, hes a recidivist-- something like that.......oh no i looked it up. thats me. shit.

politik were great like, with a jumper as splendid as that he should have taken centre stage though. major major scared the shit out of me: the drummers a spastic.

If anyone fancied a copy of the Sonar Yen's new album "the slow picture" but didn't get one on the night, they've left copies with me so they'll be onsale in One-Up from later today or get in touch with me directly. it's excellent as you would expect, well worth checking out!

Cheers to all the bands for playing - especially the Aberdeen ones who let me get away without paying them.

(not paying them in cash anyway - you should hear what the filthy bastards suggested instead)