aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pop-notmyface

Suit hire?

Guest pop-notmyface

okay, i can't find the yellow pages anywhere, so does anyone know where in aberdeen you can hire suits?

like the whole deal with matching waistcoat and all?

any knowledge would be GREATLY appreciated!

you can pretty much hire a suit from any Kilt shop... Ie MColls, Georgan Dress Hire etc...

But to be honest use the hire money and go buy one from TopMan, Burtons, Primark or some shit it'll be just as cheap and you get to keep the fucking thing ... result

Depends what kinda suit your wanting, is it a tux or casual?? U can get some ace fitted suits (at least you wont look like a box or you've borrowed your dads) to hire from slaters! Or if its a tux, i recommend georgian dress hire just off rosemount!U got a budget?

Guest pop-notmyface

i'm looking for a cheap brown suit really...nothing fancy or designer though.

yeah, something casual but not over 50...or am i being unrealistic here?

i'm looking for a cheap brown suit really...nothing fancy or designer though.

yeah' date=' something casual but not over 50...or am i being unrealistic here?[/quote']

Go to ASDA, I got a new suit in there for 63, and they had cheaper ones. The quality is pretty decent.

If you want to appear fancy, and keep the thing, then you're looking at about 150 at least for a good suit, which isn't that bad. I didn't have a good suit for my 6th year formal so I ran to Slaters about 2 hours before and they sorted me out with a beauty for just over that. I have no idea about hiring, but as far as I'm aware Slaters probably would have a hire section. Oh, also, if you're buying a suit from Slaters, they alter it for free, which is cool.

If Primark sells suits, they'll be really cheap but I'm sure they will look fine. The best point about that is that you aren't wearing clothing someone else has had on. You have no idea where it could have been before you.

I saw a suit in Ted Baker which I fell in love with, but the jacket alone is about 400. Maybe next month.

Erm, charity shops are always an option I guess.

If you want to appear fancy' date=' and keep the thing, then you're looking at about 150 at least for a good suit, which isn't that bad. [/quote']

I got a 3 piece suit from Slaters last year for about 100. They're easily the best in town for that kind of thing. They spent ages making sure I had a suit I was happy with and altered it for free. I went there early on the saturday afternoon and it was ready to wear at the wedding reception I was going to that night.

Fitted suits are where it's at. 120 should do you. Burton's actually have some really good ones in just now. The problem with a lot of cheaper it suits is that they can sometimes have the "box" factor... it's not flattering and it doesn't look good. Try get a fitted one, especially if you have a slimmer build. They look rather sharp.

There's a brown waistcoat in topman just now... but naturally... there is no matching suit (typical).