aberdeen-music

Graveheart @ Lemon Tree

Lemonade

Personally' date=' I'll give anything a chance. If you're not going to go to something as you "wasnt at all sure I'd like [it']" then you're giving up before you ever start. I mean, how else are you going to hear new music other than listening to it?

Your missing the point, I will go to new things, I just wont go at the expense of someone who I know will really enjoy it. I dont go to as many gigs as I used to because of finances etc but I've been to see many bands and been one of the few there who'd never heard them, and loved them, but I wouldnt have taken the ticket if it was a sold out gig and i wasnt sure I'd like them if someone who would have enjoyed it would have went instead,

That's all I'm saying,

Cheers

Stuart

Your missing the point' date=' I will go to new things, I just wont go at the expense of someone who I know will really enjoy it. I dont go to as many gigs as I used to because of finances etc but I've been to see many bands and been one of the few there who'd never heard them, and loved them, but I wouldnt have taken the ticket if it was a sold out gig and i wasnt sure I'd like them if someone who would have enjoyed it would have went instead,

That's all I'm saying,

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

well, i never considered i was taking someone's ticket away. in the big scheme of things there would probably have been loads of people that got 2 tickets and never used one or either of them - at least I didn't let mine go to waste (well, unless you consider me going as being gone to waste).

maybe you're more principled than me if you'd have given it up. Then again, if i'd given mine up then the person with me would have been left to go herself & arange transport.

Swings & roundabouts...............

Any chance of a copy of the CD' date=' Rob?[/quote']

Yeah, it starts at about Nightstomper, but is reasonable enough. The mix is fair, my guitar is quite low but that likely means I was true to form in having it pretty loud on-stage, plus any good sound engineer will keep the lead shredder higher in the mix. Ant's bass is nae bad and the backing vox aren't too WOOAAAHH when they come in.

Def. some great songs on the later albums but also some real shite that sounds like a bad parody of them. What really bothered me about the last album was the picture on the back - those costumes....depressing. I have to watch my DVD of them Live at Napa State Hospital now and then to regain faith....

Yeah' date=' I have to admit that the costumes in the picture on the back did send me into a brief period of denial before I admitted to myself that they were a bit rubbish. The cover of Hang Up, although not nearly as good as the original Wailers' version [punches self for sickeningly pretentious cliche'], was nevertheless cool enough to make up for it, though. And as much as I enjoy Elvis Fucking Christ, I had always felt that The Cramps were so Bad they didn't need to be so common as to directly swear. It's a bit like Dracula saying "motherfucker".

The Napa video is indeed a fantastic testament- probably would have worth being nuts just to have been at that show.

Guest bluesxman
And as much as I enjoy Elvis Fucking Christ' date=' I had always felt that The Cramps were so Bad they didn't need to be so common as to directly swear. It's a bit like Dracula saying "motherfucker".[/quote']

YEAH! That bothered me with Let's Get Fucked Up on Flamejob - after all that time, why the need to suddenly include swearing in their repertoire? I mean swearing doesn't bother me at all ( I do after all listen to a lot of Crass!), but it just seemed so out of place with them. And the outfits bother me because it gives people who are unfamiliar with them the opportunity to dismiss them as some novelty joke act when their back catalogue has so much great music....