aberdeen-music

DeBassed MP3's - Any feedback please?

Taylor_dB

This is the second time I'm giving this a bash. Wasn't very successful first time round.

DeBassed have got a few songs for your listening pleasure on MySpace and PureVolume, and we, like most other bands, would appreciate some feedback from you local lovelies. Please try to be constructive with criticism and if you like our stuff then what is it about our songs you like?

www.myspace.com/debassed

www.purevolume.com/debassed

We recorded at Exile with Mark, and I think it's pretty decent quality. I highly recommend Exile if you plan on recording.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, "In My Stride" is pretty fucking good. I was expecting more pish Aberdeen-rock-lite, but that tune is kinda like a more straight ahead Therapy? VerySlightlyComplic(ated?) isn't so good, as the vocals let it down a bit (but that is probably more to do with under-production than anything else). Aftermath has a cracking riff, again, Therapy? are the closest band that are brought to mind. The "woah-ohs" bring to mind The Misfits (much better Gang-vox style than solo mind), and theres some 'Tallica in there too.

Serious potential there. Good stuff. Rough around the edges, but definately some of the best I've heard from the Deen.

I thought you were pretty fucking impressive when I saw you play in Drummonds.

Any gigs planned for the near future?

Anyway, I like the MP3's. Sound quality's not half bad and I don't actually think that the vocals bring down the second track. I like the guitars in the songs. And, yeah, overall you're a good band.