aberdeen-music

Stonehaven / Wizard of Oz

Bodast

Hey,

I was just wondering if anybody has the Wizard of Oz (on VHS or DVD, just has to be the proper one and not the cartoon) who lives in Stonehaven and would let me borrow it just now. It's just because I wanted to see if it does match up with Dark Side of the Moon, and would like to do that just now.

:)

Hey' date='

I was just wondering if anybody has the Wizard of Oz (on VHS or DVD, just has to be the proper one and not the cartoon) who lives in Stonehaven and would let me borrow it just now. It's just because I wanted to see if it does match up with Dark Side of the Moon, and would like to do that just now.

:)[/quote']

I have a copy of The Wizard of Oz but I don't live in Stonehaven. The reason I have a copy is because of Pink Floyd. I have to say that playing Dark Side of the Moon along side it is amazing. It doesn't work for everyone but I could definitely see bits that could be linked with the cd. Right at the start there's a couple of sections where the lyrics tie in but after that it's more characters jumping in time with the music and some of it is just plain freaky (like the oompa loompa's dancing in time with Us and Them).

Freaky stuff.

Good luck finding a copy! (I have my theories on why it works so well and it's not that Floyd deliberately wrote the music for the film).

Hey,

That's the most worthy reason to own the film, I'd say :up: I think I'll go and buy it tomorrow, but I had an urge to watch it now... Ah well, I'm glad you saw some similarities; I've heard that it's bullshit from some people and that it does work from others. Either way it's a fun idea!

it's a shame you want to do that as the music from the wizard of oz film is superior to dark side of the moon.

It's close... If I only had a Brain, the music during the tornado and Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead may be enough to defeat one of Floyd's less impressive albums but with Time, Us and Them and Brain Damage, Dark Side of the Moon edges it. According to me.

I was distinctly unimpressed by it, although thats probably because i totally psyched myself up for it. There some nice bits, like how the bells on Time come on just as the evil woman makes her first appearance. And Great Gig in the Sky fitted excellently with the Tornado.

But i think bits like "balanced on the biggest wave/you race towards an early grave" coinciding with Dorothy falling off the fence was just due to the fact that human beings can make associations between one thing and another really easily.

heard that it's bullshit from some people

I never said it was bullshit :) I said it wasnt THAT good.

I never said it was bullshit :) I said it wasnt THAT good.

Ugh' date=' like you [i']wish you were the source I was referring to, you.. Gilmour stealer!

Thanks for the link, f_disko, I think I'll check out the following up with Animals and Meddle scheme. I was wondering what would happen after the album ended!

I was distinctly unimpressed by it' date=' although thats probably because i totally psyched myself up for it. There some nice bits, like how the bells on Time come on just as the evil woman makes her first appearance. And Great Gig in the Sky fitted excellently with the Tornado.[/quote']

Agree with you there.

I'd think Animals with The Wall might work well