aberdeen-music

Your favourite Bob Dylan Song and Why

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

The Sunday Herald last weekend had a load of famous people saying what their favourite Dylan song was (Worst offender: Alex McLeish. His favourite was A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall, but only because of the Bryan Ferry cover version because he prefers stuff like Genesis :help:).

So let's hear it from you guys. A tough call certainly, but what is your fave Dylan song and why?

I'll go for Subterranean Homesick Blues, as it was the song that really got me into Dylan. I'd first heard a cover of it by Jools Holland and others on The Young Ones when I was a kid and on the strength of that got Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits and haven't looked back.

I liked it so much that we did a horrible version of it in my first band Addicted Angel. I even added a line in the last verse (which is one line shorter than the others) so that the rest of the band didn't get confused. For added emphasis I chucked packets of chewing gum into the audience on the "chew gum" line.

And I can still remember my maths teacher telling me with a straight face that we had "improved on the original" after we performed it at a school talent show aged 13. :rockon:

Guest DustyDeviada
"Don't Think Twice' date=' It's Alright" is admittedly splendid, because it's so cynical, but still honest and touching. Not all love songs should be odes. Instead, it is a parting shot[/quote']

Yip, almost went for that one myself. Surely the perfect way to end a relationship? ;)