aberdeen-music

ASVA - ex Burning Witch/Mr Bungle at The Tunnels tonight!!

was out of town & only found out about it on the day of the gig.

So was I!

Cheers to everyone who came along to what was potentially a disasterous night what with bands pulling out with very little warning. While I realise Asva weren't nessasarily to everyones taste, you all heard something that you might not normally. Apologies to those who would have come along (I know there would have been a few more people) but I only confirmed them on that morning.

So was I!

Cheers to everyone who came along to what was potentially a disasterous night what with bands pulling out with very little warning. While I realise Asva weren't nessasarily to everyones taste' date=' you all heard something that you might not normally. Apologies to those who would have come along (I know there would have been a few more people) but I only confirmed them on that morning.[/quote']

yeah it was an experience and im still glad to say ive seen em. well done for bringing metal in some form to aberdeen!

thing is' date=' it was going somewhere, QUOTE']

Yep, another 30 minutes of 3 chords.

thats almost funny, even by your standards.at the end of the day they turned up at less than 12 hours notice with almost no time for promotion and had 30 odd people(a fair few unsuspecting!) watching an extremely slow and brutal set whilst you guys managed one fellow half on the dance floor, and even he looked bored shitless.not a dig, just that it looks to me like you lot were the band going nowhere...

thats almost funny' date=' even by your standards.at the end of the day they turned up at less than 12 hours notice with almost no time for promotion and had 30 odd people(a fair few unsuspecting!) watching an extremely slow and brutal set whilst you guys managed one fellow half on the dance floor, and even he looked bored shitless.not a dig, just that it looks to me like you lot were the band going nowhere...[/quote']

Well said old bean!

Ironic Stevey baby... how is the hoover music going ? :D

to be honest, if i was in your shoes, i'd be more concerned that you had pretty much No ONE turning up or showing interest in your recent gig(especially considering that you are an established band) rather than worrying about what me and my dyson are doing...

not starting a silly flame war, but seriously, do you guys really believe after that gig anyone in aberdeen really cares about what you are doing? plenty metal fans in the city, not much metal bands, you'd think there would be some sort of interest wouldnt you? Bodies for instance used to pack both old and new drakes out.go figure.

to be honest' date=' if i was in your shoes, i'd be more concerned that you had pretty much No ONE turning up or showing interest in your recent gig(especially considering that you are an established band) rather than worrying about what me and my dyson are doing...

not starting a silly flame war, but seriously, do you guys really believe after that gig anyone in aberdeen really cares about what you are doing? plenty metal fans in the city, not much metal bands, you'd think there would be some sort of interest wouldnt you? Bodies for instance used to pack both old and new drakes out.go figure.[/quote']

So did Element a few weeks earlier...go figure. Tell me something that concerns me? A last minute gig...I think not...

you'd think there would be some sort of interest wouldnt you? Bodies for instance used to pack both old and new drakes out.go figure.

Considering I am in a band that has has record deal interest, support from Ryan from the Devin Townsend Band blah blah, why should I have to be bothered that we had a quiet gig, does it bother you that much? Doesnt bother me Steve.

You have always striked me as a decent and intellegent guy, so why do I have to justify popularity, I dont care, If we are truly terrible, people will heckle. Both bands commented that they enjoyed our set, go figure.

Considering I am in a band that has has record deal interest' date=' support from Ryan from the Devin Townsend Band blah blah, why should I have to be bothered that we had a quiet gig, does it bother you that much? Doesnt bother me Steve.

You have always striked me as a decent and intellegent guy, so why do I have to justify popularity, I dont care, If we are truly terrible, people will heckle. Both bands commented that they enjoyed our set.[/quote']

fair points, but also weak as fuck points.some random from a band and some record label does not a fanbase make i'm afraid, and i would certainly be bothered if i was playing in an established band to an empty floor, but thats just me.if you bunch are cool with that, i'm cool with that.i just felt a bit embarrased for you all, that all.good luck, keep on truckin etc.anyways, this will no doubt turn onto a daft fight about whatever so i bid you farewell and wish you all the beast.

hog, yer profile is a cheap shot.

for what it's worth i caught your last two songs and enjoyed it. liked your metal singing too.

i think this is rapidly getting out of control and i'm sure it wasn't originally intended to get so petty. asva were always gonna be a love em or hate em band and that's just the way it goes. i thought they were fucking awesome but can understand if it didn't do it for some people.

incidentally ben cozine were good too, good to see a band doing some good honest hardcore and not trying to sound like killswitch engage.

hog' date=' yer profile is a cheap shot.

for what it's worth i caught your last two songs and enjoyed it. liked your metal singing too.

i think this is rapidly getting out of control and i'm sure it wasn't originally intended to get so petty. asva were always gonna be a love em or hate em band and that's just the way it goes. i thought they were fucking awesome but can understand if it didn't do it for some people.

incidentally ben cozine were good too, good to see a band doing some good honest hardcore and not trying to sound like killswitch engage.[/quote']

i really liked ben cozine asides from the clean singing which spoiled it a bit for me, plenty energy.sounded sorta like a very fast will haven in a way.

i have no interest in having a flame war with hog over this, i've made my points and thats that.i only really feel pity towards hog so nothing he says will dent me in any way.

hoovercore all the way ya bass.

You can pity me as much as you want Steve but to be honest, you shouldnt waste your time.

I have seen many *established bands* play quiet gigs. To be honest, I dont think that we are an established band. We became a 4 piece just a few months ago and are writing totally new stuff

I dont like your music at all Steve, I think your artwork is even worse but...I have never gone on and on about it (apart from silly recent drunken comments). Apart from that, I dont feel the need to "feel sorry for you" or be patronsing.

Flame wars, not my style either. I know that people enjoy your stuff, I also know that there are people who enjoy our stuff. Nice.

Slow stuff....What you think of Corrupted?

Hogtastic

You can pity me as much as you want Steve but to be honest' date=' you shouldnt waste your time.

I have seen many *established bands* play quiet gigs. To be honest, I dont think that we are an established band. We became a 4 piece just a few months ago and are writing totally new stuff

I dont like your music at all Steve, I think your artwork is even worse but...I have never gone on and on about it (apart from silly recent drunken comments). Apart from that, I dont feel the need to "feel sorry for you" or be patronsing.

Flame wars, not my style either. I know that people enjoy your stuff, I also know that there are people who enjoy our stuff. Nice.

Slow stuff....What you think of Corrupted?

Hogtastic[/quote']

STOP IT.

NOONE CARES.

NOONE CARES!!!