aberdeen-music

The smell of decay

Kai

Man, this forum is deader than an octogenarian's woody! What's wrong, do you people not like discussing feedback? What happened to all the pre-cum that was spilled when this forum opened? I'm disappointed, I really am. And there was me thinking it was going to be a roaring success...

I agree. Admittedly, I seem to be on most between 1am and 3am at the moment, when it's not exactly gonna be busy. But still, even during the day. the only place you can find anyone on the forums is in the Wasteland. It's a shame, cos the forums I'm interested in are the General music discussion, Feedback and Gig & event announcements.

That does it, I'm just gonna start replying to my own posts in order to sustain this forum. I just did a check, by the way, and the Feedback Forum is officially the least popular of all the general music forums. In the past 24 hours, every other music forum including the AUBL one has seen more activity than this one! How am I supposed to discuss all the great gigs I've been to lately if no-one's listening? I know, I'll use The Wasteland!

Originally posted by Kai:How am I supposed to discuss all the great gigs I've been to lately if no-one's listening? I know, I'll use The Wasteland!

Might be an idea to post something to discuss in the first place? You've never once offered anything up, yet you're moaning that no-one is replying? In fact have you posted anything anywhere in the last week or so that hasn't been a thinly disguised bitch about the new layout? If you're really that unhappy about it all, send a detailed PM to Neil explaining how you think it should be changed. I thought you would be above this kind of whining, or are you just bored?

Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

Might be an idea to post something to discuss in the first place? You've never once offered anything up, yet you're moaning that no-one is replying? In fact have you posted anything anywhere in the last week or so that hasn't been a thinly disguised bitch about the new layout? If you're really that unhappy about it all, send a detailed PM to Neil explaining how you think it should be changed. I thought you would be above this kind of whining, or are you just bored?

I'm just bored really. Now that Elementz has moved from Gaelic Lane, I've got nowhere to hang out apart from aberdeen-music. But seriously though, all the people who lauded the arrival of the Feedback Forum haven't given it a second glance since it opened. Every time I go on here, there's no-one else viewing this forum apart from me. Still, at least we've managed to initiate a thread of sorts on here, and I guess that's progress.

Originally posted by Kai:

. But seriously though, all the people who lauded the arrival of the Feedback Forum haven't given it a second glance since it opened. Every time I go on here, there's no-one else viewing this forum apart from me. Still, at least we've managed to initiate a thread of sorts on here, and I guess that's progress.

I don't remember anyone lauding the arrival of the feeback forum. Heralding the arrival maybe. There may be no-one reading the forum when you're on (apart from us ghosts, do your stats include us) but that doesn't mean no-one looks at it.

I think the changes have done good cos everything was ending up on the wasteland, which meant any thread with a less than a 3 posts per hour ratio was quickly lost.

Dry your eyes, pick your rattle up and, if you really feel it's necessary, post a link to your hypothetical reviews on the wasteland

Is all that Tryptich free beer you guzzled still in your system? Cos that post made about as much sense as a Gaelic episode of Bob The Builder.

If you want proof that there's no-one reading this forum, check the number of people who have viewed each thread. It's pitiful, and it explains why there are so few replies to any of the threads. (Apart from this one of course.) Each of ghost's threads has been viewed by about 8 people excluding himself. This means that someone accesses this forum and goes to the bother of reading one of his threads approximately once every four hours. If traffic on this forum was any slower, it would be going in reverse.

I would offer some feedback on gigs I've been to myself, but you see I don't like bands. I only go to them to get drunk and chat up girls. But hey, for the sake of conversation, seen any good bands lately Ian?

Is all that Tryptich free beer you guzzled still in your system? Cos that post made about as much sense as a Gaelic episode of Bob The Builder.

If you want proof that there's no-one reading this forum, check the number of people who have viewed each thread. It's pitiful, and it explains why there are so few replies to any of the threads. (Apart from this one of course.) Each of ghost's threads has been viewed by about 8 people excluding himself. This means that someone accesses this forum and goes to the bother of reading one of his threads approximately once every four hours. If traffic on this forum was any slower, it would be going in reverse.

I would offer some feedback on gigs I've been to myself, but you see I don't like bands. I only go to them to get drunk and chat up girls. But hey, for the sake of conversation, seen any good bands lately Ian?

Us poor drones don't get to indulge in the free beer.

The post made perfect sense to anyone with a reasonable grasp of English. Ghosts are people like me who choose not to be shown as being online. Ever wondered why the number of members on the boards is different to the number of names listed?

The forum in it's former guise was hardly an information superhighway. I never heard you complaining then.

And just for conversation, no-one new has tickled my fancy but I thought PoO and Quik had improved a bit last time I saw them. Probably some others too but I don't make lists. There's some new bands with a bit of potential as well. Is your curiosity satisfied?

Yes, I am aware of what a ghost is, but in my post I was referring to the person who's username is ghost. Complicated, I know, but blame them not me. Anyway, the point is that this ghost dude posts on here a lot but no-one ever seems to bother replying to their threads.

This forum is still deader than a vampire with a wooden stake through its heart. The only thread that generated any sort of discussion was the one about the Moshulu gig, and that's because it was posted on The Wasteland. As soon as it was moved here, it petered out.

This forum is still deader than a vampire with a wooden stake through its heart. The only thread that generated any sort of discussion was the one about the Moshulu gig, and that's because it was posted on The Wasteland. As soon as it was moved here, it petered out.

I think it died of natural causes, the mutual backslapping has been done, the minor criticisms made, what more could anyone add?

To celebrate the fact that no one's posted on this forum in 24 hours, I'd just like to say 'Boobies!'

Dear Sir,

I'm really shocked that no-one has posted a review of a gig, or indeed changed their opinion, in the last 24 hours. After all, with such a plethora of gigs, the like we rarely see, in the past 3 days, surely someone with a skidoo could have nipped down and reviewed one of the little fellas. This shoddiness should not be tolerated. You'll be giving votes to women next.

Disgusted,

Tunbridge Wells