aberdeen-music

Meshuggah Catch 33

Hog

I've heard a couple of tracks. Isn't this the one with the programmed drums?

If so I was mightly impressed with how good the programming was.

I'd be mighty surprised if all the drums were programmed what with Thomas Haake being pretty much the best drummer ever... I've heard a few tracks but as with their previous album 'nothing', not as much a fan as compared to their earlier albums: Destroy.erase.improve and chaosphere are both incredible!

Hog, if you haven't already done so... check out destroy.erase.improve - it's amazing!

Dan Atom (not jamesy)

Guest Page 99
I'd be mighty surprised if all the drums were programmed what with Thomas Haake being pretty much the best drummer ever

Aye. I am most definatly not doubting Haake's playing ability. It's just that I read somewhere that he decided to program the drums for this album instead of doing them live, and that if this is the same album I think we are talking about, the drumming sounded kinda digitised.

I'd be mighty surprised if all the drums were programmed what with Thomas Haake being pretty much the best drummer ever... I've heard a few tracks but as with their previous album 'nothing'' date=' not as much a fan as compared to their earlier albums: Destroy.erase.improve and chaosphere are both incredible!

Hog, if you haven't already done so... check out destroy.erase.improve - it's amazing!

Dan Atom (not jamesy)[/quote']

Haven't heard Destroy erase Improve, will check it out!

The drums were all programmed, not because Haake couldnt play the songs, just because they experiment quite a bit.

They used the "drumkit from hell". It is basically Haake's drumkit sampled. :cheers:

i agree that the new album isn't as good as the older stuff ('contradictions collapse' being one of the greatest albums ever and about ten years ahead of their time) but always impressed with what they come up with.

Catch 33 is good......!!

def check out 'destroy erase improve' hog and if you havn't already check out 'contradictions collapse'

there will be plenty of headbanging to do

I think its the best meshuggah cd ever' date=' wasnt keen on their early stuff, sounded too metalica esq for me. Catch 33 for me is a classic :)[/quote']

I only have "Nothing", "I" and Catch 33. Well said about Catch 33, Rune.

Although, I will take you guys advice and check out the older stuff too :cheers: