aberdeen-music

Let's all laugh at Rangers (today's footie).

Scorge

Hmm' date=' in a team with the best Scottish keeper, and one of the best young centre halfs, no I don't think I would ever claim that Ian Murray would be Scotland's best talent if he'd played for us.

Two of our Czech players are now full internationals (since joining Hearts), if you want an idea of what that means, they are currently playing for the team ranked fourth in the world.

And if you knew me, you'd know the concept of sarcasm isn't lost on me. It's folk being cunts that I have the problem with.[/quote']

the thing about this fairy tale at hearts is, this happened to dundee 5 years ago; new chairman, big name international players, good manager. and big wage bill,

look at them now.

if the players they got are so good, why havnt, the old firm or any english club hijacked the deals? everybody likes a freebie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as an aside' date=' we sign a Greek international Euro 2004 winning left back. You sign Ian Murray.[/quote']

best line in whole thread so far. absolute genuis. and im gunna be the daft fecker that does say the old firm will be split this season. unfortunatly i still believe the title will end up at ibrox :(

the thing about this fairy tale at hearts is' date=' this happened to dundee 5 years ago; new chairman, big name international players, good manager. and big wage bill,

look at them now.

if the players they got are so good, why havnt, the old firm or any english club hijacked the deals? everybody likes a freebie[/quote']

I do worry about this a bit myself. The difference seems to be that unlike that Di Stefano joker, Romanov is known to have the personal fortune to back it up (I believe Di Stefano was worth something like 400,000 in reality).

I don't know why no-one else has taken the players that we've brought in, but what I can tell you is they're definitely a class above what ourselves and anyone outside the Old Firm is used to. I believe we have first option to buy Skacel from Marseille, and if we can keep up anything like current form, he's going to be worth a fortune. Not sure what the situation is with the other loan players, but they're all on long term contracts at Kaunas.

Rumour has it that Romanov won't invest money directly into Hearts until SMGs shares are bought out, but he can't do it himself as that would necessitate a bid for 100% of the shares. Could be that he's holding out (there have been a variety of rich foreign business men in the directors box of late) on someone else buying out SMG, and looking to recoup his investment through selling the young Czech lads and (fingers crossed!!!) Champions League revenue.

I have never' date=' and will never, sung the songs that Rangers fans AS A HOMOGENOUS FUCKING MASS sing and try and palm off as "banter".[/quote']

You are both realitvely big idiots. But don't accuse people of making generalisations then make them yourself. And admit that your hatred of Celtic and Rangers has as much to do with jealousy of the way they have dominated Scottish football as it does with hating their fans. And really, saying you hate old firm fans because some of them chant bad songs etc, is no better than saying you hate muslims because some of them have committed acts of terrorism.

You are both realitvely big idiots. But don't accuse people of making generalisations then make them yourself. And admit that your hatred of Celtic and Rangers has as much to do with jealousy of the way they have dominated Scottish football as it does with hating their fans. And really' date=' saying you hate old firm fans because some of them chant bad songs etc, is no better than saying you hate muslims because some of them have committed acts of terrorism.[/quote']

The difference being that not all Muslims commit acts of terrorism, but the vast majority of Old Firm fans sing exactly the sort of shite that I'm "generalising" about. You only need to ask the fans of *any* non-Old Firm fans what it's like when the OF are in town.

And no, I don't hate Celtic and Rangers because of their dominance. One side of my family are all Rangers fans, I don't hate them because they support Rangers. I would, however, have major issue if I found out any of them sung that shite.

I hate Rangers and Celtic because of the songs, the tapping of the best Scottish players only to relegate them to the bench and ruin their careers, the fact we have to put up with endless media shite about them when the rest of the teams get sparse at best coverage, the attitude that they have the divine right to finish first and second (one that'll hopefully be challenged this season)...the list goes on.

The difference being that not all Muslims commit acts of terrorism' date=' but the vast majority of Old Firm fans sing exactly the sort of shite that I'm "generalising" about. You only need to ask the fans of *any* non-Old Firm fans what it's like when the OF are in town.

And no, I don't hate Celtic and Rangers because of their dominance. One side of my family are all Rangers fans, I don't hate them because they support Rangers. I would, however, have major issue if I found out any of them sung that shite.

I hate Rangers and Celtic because of the songs, the tapping of the best Scottish players only to relegate them to the bench and ruin their careers, the fact we have to put up with endless media shite about them when the rest of the teams get sparse at best coverage, the attitude that they have the divine right to finish first and second (one that'll hopefully be challenged this season)...the list goes on.[/quote']

But you said "homogenous mass" or words to that effect. So all rangers fans sing those songs including your family members so you have to hate them too, unless you want to be a hypocrite.

On your last paragraph. Every team has the right to sign the players they want to sign and if they end up ruining their careers then it's their fault for joining the team in the first place. The media, not either Old Firm team, is to blame for all the coverage they get. Probably something to do with the fact that there is very rarely any exciting news about the other teams. And they don't have the divine right to finish first and second, they just always are. They are first and second all the time because they are best two teams. They don't end up ther without reason. The fact that you moan about a "divine right" just show how absurdly twisted you are with jealousy.

The fact that you moan about a "divine right" just show how absurdly twisted you are with jealousy.

Not really...

1 Hearts 5 12 15

2 Celtic 5 6 10

3 Kilmarnock 5 5 10

4 Hibernian 5 4 10

5 Rangers 5 2 9

6 Inverness CT 5 2 8

7 Aberdeen 5 1 7

8 Dundee Utd 5 -4 5

9 Motherwell 5 -4 4

10 Falkirk 5 -7 3

11 Dunfermline 5 -6 2

12 Livingston 5 -11 1

If I was that jealous, I'd start supporting one of them (just like all the other glory-hunters who've nothing whatsoever to do with Glasgow), non?

as an aberdeen fan, i currently envy hearts but i think it would be great for every spl club apart from the old firm if they won the spl this season. they can only throw it away now. and it would most certainly lock the door on the old firm trying to run away to the english premiership

Not really...

1 Hearts 5 12 15

2 Celtic 5 6 10

3 Kilmarnock 5 5 10

4 Hibernian 5 4 10

5 Rangers 5 2 9

6 Inverness CT 5 2 8

7 Aberdeen 5 1 7

8 Dundee Utd 5 -4 5

9 Motherwell 5 -4 4

10 Falkirk 5 -7 3

11 Dunfermline 5 -6 2

12 Livingston 5 -11 1

If I was that jealous' date=' I'd start supporting one of them (just like all the other glory-hunters who've nothing whatsoever to do with Glasgow), non?[/quote']

Things have only been that way for how many games though? In case you didn't notice the old firm have dominated the top two slots for over a decade, which is the reason you are jealous.

yeah' date=' well you'll soon be put in your fucking place, your a second rate team at the very, very best.....anyone who suggests Hearts will win the league or split the old firm is frankly moronic[/quote']

haha you weegie. People who read into the glasgow biased weegee press also have the same blinkered view as you. Since rangers and celtic are so average these days anyone who has the balls and decent finance can compete. Simply down to the poor finance at the weegee clubs

hibs and aberdeen are similarly shit..jesus christ' date=' not necessarily you in particular, but the jambo followers who have suggested the league could be theirs.....you have played the aforementioned, and livingston and motherwell....christ, wait til youve played the old firm at least....thats the real marker of progressOh, and high fives all round for your oh so witty about 'taking my grandma sideways'...clearly your comedy is as good as hearts football

your just a Gers fan that cant afford the bus ticket, and youve heard the chants all round scottish grounds.....hearts fans spread AIDS.......fact[/quote']

That so called "shit" team aberdeen looked very comfortable against your team of wee gee's

I would also say that this result has been coming in the last two seasons as i feel the gap is definetly getting smaller every time we play you.

Ahahahahahaha!!! I didn't read your reply properly.

1) Aberdeen 3 Rangers 2

2) Rangers 0 Hibernian 3

That's a couple of beatings from "shit".

And

3) Hearts fans spread AIDS??? Really? Have you proven that? Has no Rangers fan ever had AIDS? Are you accusing me of spreading AIDS?

4) Gers fan that can't afford the bus ticket? Really? Again? You'll note above that I would prefer *anyone* to Rangers or Celtic winning the league. And I mean *ANYONE*. I like football' date=' I like the banter you get playing games against the 9 other teams in the league who's fans aren't obsessed with a history that has nothing whatsoever to do with them. I acknowledge that there are Hearts fans (in a minority) who sing the same shite at every game, I abhor them equally. I have never, and will never, sung the songs that Rangers fans AS A HOMOGENOUS FUCKING MASS sing and try and palm off as "banter".

You need to get a grip of yourself if you truly believe what you just posted above. In the meantime, here's an interesting link for you: [url']http://www.thewellproject.org/HIV_The_Basics/What_is_HIV.jsp. I suggest you read it. You might just learn something.

Forgot something there pal, rangers and celtic support their team down to religious hatred.

For me they are'nt true fans. The league would be alot better without their religious shit to contend with. Fuck the biggot boys and their closemindedness

hahahahahahahaha..your pointing out the aberdeen win over us' date=' im going to type this slowly nto emphasise how bloody long it took them

not the first time, nor the second, nor the third, nor the fourth, nor the fifth, nor the sixth, nor the seventh, nor the eighth, nor the ninth, nor the tenth, nor the eleventh, nor the twelth, nor the thirteenth, nor the fourteeenth, nor the fifteenth, nor the sixteenth, nor the seventeenth, nor the eighteenth, nor the nineteenth, nor the twentieth, nor the twentyfirst, nor the twentysecond, nor the twentythird,nor the twentyfourth, nor the twentyfifth time did they beat us....go figure.

and yes....i am accusing YOU sir, of spreadingt AIDS.....bloody hell. tell me, do you personally take offence to the thousands upon thousands of fans that sing that at your pithy away support?

oh, and thanks for the link.....i now realise Hearts fans are amongst only a select few minorities that cant in fact spread the disease, and that the popular chant is fundamentally wrong.....i also now know what AIDS is...thanks again! :moody:[/quote']

You obviously cant see the gap is getting smaller due to your poor finances and lack of talent. Your opinion is ignorant and not related to football in any way. Your fans are ignorant and biggoted. Just like you. You can't see any other existence other than rangers and celtic. You opinion counts for nothing, just like your team has no real football fans

the same ian murray that had he turned out for the other half of edinburgh would have no doubt been scotlands best talent ill bet...we sign players that regularly win trophies and have seeen us qualify for europes elite footballing tournament...hearts' date=' well..they dont do they? no, no..they sign players that have *gasp* played for international under 21 teams!!!!!

in relation to your spreading AIDS (possible or not)

how can the concept of sarcasm be so lost on some people??? astonishing[/quote']

Yet another false reality you are living. Your team buys the other competitions best players then wipeout their career. The fact is your club of weegee's dont want other scottish teams to do well. So many scottish players have had their careers fade away because of your shit club.

Forgot something there pal' date=' rangers and celtic support their team down to religious hatred.

For me they are'nt true fans. The league would be alot better without their religious shit to contend with. Fuck the biggot boys and their closemindedness[/quote']

lets face it these clubs are run on the basis of secratarianism. i felt sick when aberdeen played rangers at hamden in 2000. when ranger and their fans had orange tops on.

Forgot something there pal' date=' rangers and celtic support their team down to religious hatred.

For me they are'nt true fans. The league would be alot better without their religious shit to contend with. Fuck the biggot boys and their closemindedness[/quote']

You are absolutely amazing Rune!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all i can say! You know every single Celtic and Rangers fan in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!!!

To call someone close minded and then say that Rangers and Celtic fans "support their team down to religious hatred" is totally hypocritical. I am a Celtic fan, Leif is a Rangers fan, I am Catholic, Leif is Protestant and we are best of friends. So what you are saying is just a bullshit generalisation. And other teams fans are guilty of making a deal out of the religious aspect too. Other teams fans, especially Aberdeen fans, will call Rangers fans "orange bastards" or words to that effect. I have often been called a "fenian", but never by a Rangers fan, only by Aberdeen fans (and oddly a Bolton fan).

As for the clubs, they have both taken steps to rid the game of bigotry with such things as the Bhoys Against Bigotry campaign and Celtic and Rangers are often seen working together on things. Celtic was never a club for Catholics, it was club which was expressly open to everyone which meant it attracted Catholics who were alienated by Rangers anti-catholic policy. And Rangers are nothing like that club now. Lorenzo Amoruso was a catholic Rangers captain and was very popular with the fans. I'm not denying the existence of bigotry, nor am I denying it is a big problem, but there are many old firm fans who don't care at all for all the bigotry and religious hatred and you are ten times as ignorant as you accuse anyone else of being by saying that "rangers and celtic support their team down to religious hatred. For me they are'nt true fans."

I must add that the orange Rangers away shirts have to be the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen.

You are absolutely amazing Rune!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all i can say! You know every single Celtic and Rangers fan in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!!!

To call someone close minded and then say that Rangers and Celtic fans "support their team down to religious hatred" is totally hypocritical. I am a Celtic fan' date=' Leif is a Rangers fan, I am Catholic, Leif is Protestant and we are best of friends. So what you are saying is just a bullshit generalisation. And other teams fans are guilty of making a deal out of the religious aspect too. Other teams fans, especially Aberdeen fans, will call Rangers fans "orange bastards" or words to that effect. I have often been called a "fenian", but never by a Rangers fan, only by Aberdeen fans (and oddly a Bolton fan).

As for the clubs, they have both taken steps to rid the game of bigotry with such things as the Bhoys Against Bigotry campaign and Celtic and Rangers are often seen working together on things. Celtic was never a club for Catholics, it was club which was expressly open to everyone which meant it attracted Catholics who were alienated by Rangers anti-catholic policy. And Rangers are nothing like that club now. Lorenzo Amoruso was a catholic Rangers captain and was very popular with the fans. I'm not denying the existence of bigotry, nor am I denying it is a big problem, but there are many old firm fans who don't care at all for all the bigotry and religious hatred and you are ten times as ignorant as you accuse anyone else of being by saying that "rangers and celtic support their team down to religious hatred. For me they are'nt true fans."

I must add that the orange Rangers away shirts have to be the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen.[/quote']

Tell me why the rangers/celtic fans sing songs about hatred and their so called anti religious hatred campaigns are nothing more than a farce. They claim to be against this aspect of football but in all honestly they still continue to play the same fucking sectarian songs before and after the games. Why also is it then they let the fans in with the fucking flags promoting this shit into the ground? Why is it then they let people outside the grounds

sell this shit? Why? I will tell you why, for these bullshit weegee bastards its all money in the pockets. They don't give a fuck about normal fans, if they really did want to stop this hatred then its this simple, they would have to take a very large cut in their profit margins, thus having even less money than they do now. This will never happen, aslong as these two clubs exist they will always make money from hatred.

The police are against the people who promote hatred on their flags and the clubs won't do anything about it. A total shambles. It's laughable to see the anti biggot campaign, it's just as farsical as cardiffs campaign to stop the hooligans. How anyone can take that shit seriously is beyond me and anyone who does take it onboard is totally gullable.

Have you actually seen what happens at these games between aberdeen/celtic/rangers??

I have and it makes me sick. I have had bottles of piss and bags of shit thrown at me. Assaulted by police for no reason. Had coins thrown at me. Been challenged because i wear my aberdeen top. I have never been in trouble in any way with the police, yet they decide they can treat normal fans like this. It happens all the time at ibrox. Something has got to be done about this. I have even heard police at a celtic game referring aberdeen fans as "sheep shagging bastards" when quized about his actions that fucking pig bastard gave me no reply. I've seen people with just aberdeen scarfs on getting thrown into the cells and i've seen people at celtic park and ibrox going to the toilets and been thrown out for no reason.

This religious problem comes from the police, the clubs and the fans and nothing will ever change this. I really doubt you know the full picture of this problem. I have witnessed it first hand, have you? That's why there alot lots of pubs in glasgow with either celtic or rangers colours in their design. Glasgow is a city divided by religious hatred

Tell me why the rangers/celtic fans sing songs about hatred and their so called anti religious hatred campaigns are nothing more than a farce. They claim to be against this aspect of football but in all honestly they still continue to play the same fucking sectarian songs before and after the games. Why also is it then they let the fans in with the fucking flags promoting this shit into the ground? Why is it then they let people outside the grounds

sell this shit? Why? I will tell you why' date=' for these bullshit weegee bastards its all money in the pockets. They don't give a fuck about normal fans, if they really did want to stop this hatred then its this simple, they would have to take a very large cut in their profit margins, thus having even less money than they do now. This will never happen, aslong as these two clubs exist they will always make money from hatred.

The police are against the people who promote hatred on their flags and the clubs won't do anything about it. A total shambles. It's laughable to see the anti biggot campaign, it's just as farsical as cardiffs campaign to stop the hooligans. How anyone can take that shit seriously is beyond me and anyone who does take it onboard is totally gullable.

Have you actually seen what happens at these games between aberdeen/celtic/rangers??

I have and it makes me sick. I have had bottles of piss and bags of shit thrown at me. Assaulted by police for no reason. Had coins thrown at me. Been challenged because i wear my aberdeen top. I have never been in trouble in any way with the police, yet they decide they can treat normal fans like this. It happens all the time at ibrox. Something has got to be done about this. I have even heard police at a celtic game referring aberdeen fans as "sheep shagging bastards" when quized about his actions that fucking pig bastard gave me no reply. I've seen people with just aberdeen scarfs on getting thrown into the cells and i've seen people at celtic park and ibrox going to the toilets and been thrown out for no reason.

This religious problem comes from the police, the clubs and the fans and nothing will ever change this. I really doubt you know the full picture of this problem. I have witnessed it first hand, have you? That's why there alot lots of pubs in glasgow with either celtic or rangers colours in their design. Glasgow is a city divided by religious hatred[/quote']

Some Celtic/Rangers fan sing these songs. About half i would say. Not even all of them. I've been to celtic park and the only thing getting sung by anyone near me was Chumbawumba and Oasis and It's a Grand Old Team and You'll Never Walk Alone. There were others groups of people in other sections singing those songs, but the majority were not. I've also been in the Celtic end at Pittodrie where about 10-20 people were singing those songs, that is all.

Neither clubs plays any songs in the stadiums which are sectarian. Rangers even stopped playing Simply the Best for a while because it had been altered by idiots. As for the selling of flags. There is nothing sectarian in an Irish flag in itself. They don't sell IRA merchandise either. Granted it would perhaps be a good move for the clubs to ban the flags but that doesn't mean that everybody carrying a Union Jack or a tri-colour is a bigot. Many are either Irish themselves or are people proud of the clubs Irish heritage. And you are naieve in the extreme if you think that the religious hatred would suddenly cease to exist if they stopped peddlers selling flags and stuff. Unfortunately it is an engrained attitude in the small section of scummy fans who actually promote this kind of stuff. I'll admit there are others who maybe sing along with songs, stupidly, but don't actually hold the diehard beliefs which only a small section in fact do. It is a minority who are actual trouble makers. It is because of the fact that these attitudes are so engrained that anti-bigotry campaigns have failed, not because they don't intend to wipe out bigotry, because they would gain a lot of advantages from doing so, especially as it would enhance the reputation of the old firm. Having said that Celtic fans have a good reputation for their behaviour and are not known to cause much trouble. 80,000 in Seville and not the need for a single arrest.

Believe or not the old firm don't actually run the police force so it's not their responsibility for police actions. And unlucky for you if have experience stuff being thrown at you etc, but don't believe for a second that the Aberdeen support is entirely innocent. Aberdeen fans can be just as bad trouble makers. Ever heard of the Aberdeen casuals?

And there very well might be pubs in glasgow in the colours of either team, but this doesn't automatically mean that the propeiters or the clientele are guilty of religious hatred, although some no doubtedly are.

And the end of the day all i am trying to say is to not exaggerate and say that all old firm fans and those at the clubs are bigots because it is far from the truth.