aberdeen-music

the ashes (again)

delboy

well its so good to see the aussies get a taste of their own medicine!!!! i really believe england can take the series now....

yesterday was as finer day as i can remember since botham/willis..........

watch the aussie players faces today, i think they know they are struggling

do you think they will avoid the follow on?

yesterday was as finer day as i can remember since botham/willis..........

watch the aussie players faces today' date=' i think they know they are struggling

do you think they will avoid the follow on?[/quote']

if clarke hadnt gone last ball of the day then i think they might, they're now relying on katich, gilchrist and warne to get knocks and 179 to avoid the follow on is more than achievable, it'd be good to make them follow on, then the pressure is really on the aussies. the england bowlers seem so fired up at the mo though one of the lbw's was wrongly given out but hey they all even themselves out in the end. katich is vulnerable as he's been in poor form, a couple of early wickets and england should knock them out for under 200 but the tail can be resistant as we've seen.

apart from the first test, england have completely outplayed them i feel.....

I don't understand cricket, hence I can't get interested in it. However, everyone I know who knows about it has assured me that once you get what's going on it's really quite good.

Frankly, I don't know if I'd have the time to watch like 4 days worth of television to see the outcome of a test.

The last 3 tests have been totally nuts! Dont know if my fingernails will survive the end of the Oval test-match. This has to be the only time I've known Scots to be backing the Englanders all the way.

I hated cricket a couple of months ago, and now I'm even watching the county games on Sky. It's driving the wife up the wall.

DAMN YOU Flintoff!

today was insanely good. few down points but generally england showing they are one of if not the best cricket side in the world. amazing. on downside though hope geriant jones gets dropped. minus his 85 in first innings he had a howler of a match. on whole though it was genuis stuff. flintoff rightly man of match but warne drove him hard for that accolade. his partnership with brett lee bowling today was still top stuff

Was anyone else scared by Brett Lee's face when he bowled Flintoff? I thought he looked like Satan. It was terrifying.

Am actually really enjoying the Ashes... I'm quite surprised to be honest. I just thought it was a very boring game... Boy was I wrong by the looks of it!

Quick question... What the fuck is the follow on?

the follow on is when a team has to bat their second innings straight after their first innings because they didnt score enough runs.

the idea of the follow on goes like such. england made 477. so a score of around half of that is needed to command england to have to bat again. aussies only made 218 (less than half) so meant that aussies were made to bat again through choice by michael vaughan. now if aussies combined total through two innings hadnt matched that of englands, england would have one by an innings plus spare runs. aussies batted past englands total so then england had to come and bat and score the remaining runs made by aussies two innings totals.

*god i feel like a bit of a geek*

the idea of the follow on goes like such. england made 477. so a score of around half of that is needed to command england to have to bat again. aussies only made 218 (less than half) so meant that aussies were made to bat again through choice by michael vaughan. now if aussies combined total through two innings hadnt matched that of englands' date=' england would have one by an innings plus spare runs. aussies batted past englands total so then england had to come and bat and score the remaining runs made by aussies two innings totals.

*god i feel like a bit of a geek*[/quote']

It's not half the runs that they need to avoid the follow-on. They needed to get within 200 runs of England's first innings total. Therefore, 278 was the target.