aberdeen-music

nick cave 25 08 05

lepeep

not a lot of people talking at this one (20 from the front).

what a fucking huge place the Alexandra palace is ?! holy shit...

it'd be too big, if I wasn't close to the front...

sneaked in my 8megapixel camera too...but, low lighting = open shutter...nice in some photos...but I'd have like one or two "clean" shots.

cave.jpgcave2.jpg

NUll,

it was good, but Gabi and I both thought that the glasgow gig last year was far better ("smaller" venue, and a more "into it" crowd...too many f.e.b.s (he he))

he did play a lot of "new" classics, mostly from Abitoir Blues, but he did play

red right hand (*spooot*...amazing, as usual!)

stagger lee

do you love me

deanna

the mercy seat (which was particularly good).

yea i'll go with alun. how good we speaking bout here *still hates fact had to sell his tickets*

You're probably about as gutted at that as I am about not being able to buy any of them from you :/

lepeep - The Glasgow gig at Carling was very good (aside from the sound) but the Barrowlands gig a few years before that is still my favourite. Sounds like the setlist in London was great, though - Hearing Deanna live at the Carling in Glasgow was brilliant, one of my favourites.

Gabi says :

nick cave, fantastic, (10/10).

venue, to fucking big (6/10)

crowd (shuffling MIddle aged folks, who can afford 30+ quid for a ticket 5/ 10)

oh, sons and daughters...

they looked like they were struggling a bit, "too big" and probably underwhelmed by the audience.

(one girl next to us "do you know who they are ?" "aye, they are the sons and daughters, on domino, from scotland..." "oh, I've never heard of them")....

sounded good, but Adel's mic was pretty low, and broke in the middle on one song...and she fell on her bum (oops).

I saw him at reading (95?)...and I didn't like him then...(still weaning myself out of METAL METAL METAL)...

I was itching for nirvana to come on' date=' and was cursing this skinny ozzy for every second he stayed...how we grow and mature...[/quote']

I got in to him around then (94 - 95). Late night, half asleep, watching Jools Holland rinky-dink the crap out of another good song when the camera panned around to good ol' Nick. They slunk into Red Right Hand and I was hooked. Took me ages to get to see him live though, including one disasterous attempt to catch him play at T in the Park circa Murder Ballads. One day I'll get drunk and recall all my failed attemptes to see him live, but until then you're all safe from my monotonous self-indulgence. Aside from this post, of course.

I got in to him around then (94 - 95). Late night' date=' half asleep, watching Jools Holland rinky-dink the crap out of another good song when the camera panned around to good ol' Nick. They slunk into Red Right Hand and I was hooked. Took me ages to get to see him live though, including one disasterous attempt to catch him play at T in the Park circa Murder Ballads. One day I'll get drunk and recall all my failed attemptes to see him live, but until then you're all safe from my monotonous self-indulgence. Aside from this post, of course.[/quote']

the glasgow gigs alun has mentioned, i agree with, but the best ive seen him was

in edinburgh princes street gardens, just a four piece, with nick on grand piano most the

time.

it was just amazing & i really did see people crying that night..................

Me and Steve and Christy were at the Alexandra Palace gig last nite. Good performance' date=' strange venue. The backing singers were great - in fact so were the whole band - and when it all kicked off they made a mighty noise.[/quote']

Hiding All Away was the track for me in Glasgow that really showed off how much noise they make. Just punched straight through me when Nick and singers informed the audience there was a war coming. Magic.

Was initially kind of dubious about the backing gospel singers, but it works really well. Loved the touches to the older material, but I still can't help but miss Blixa...