aberdeen-music

Professional Ticket Touts?

Camie

Of course they are.

I'm not entirely positive on this, but as far as I know, it's not illegal to sell tickets over face value. It is in some places - but as far as the UK's concerned, it's not.

I'd be interested to hear what the big promoters thought of ticket touting - my gut feeling is that they don't care.

Of course they are.

I'm not entirely positive on this' date=' but as far as I know, it's not illegal to sell tickets over face value. It is in some places - but as far as the UK's concerned, it's not.

I'd be interested to hear what the big promoters thought of ticket touting - my gut feeling is that they don't care.[/quote']

http://www.thorntons-law.co.uk/Web/Site/News/News_Articles/T_in_the_Park_Ticket_Touts.asp

df seem to take it seriously. though i didn't see any crackdown on touting at the festival itself this year.

i believe it's illegal to do it on the street but not online at the moment, hopefully someone with a better grounding in the legal side of things will be able to expand on that.

I suspect all that'll happen if they criminalise it would be that it gets pushed underground - with prices skyrocketing as a result.

Anyway, surely with the nature of the internet, banning it in this country would just mean the ticket touts would set up shop in another country?

I'd definitely like to see a crackdown on touts outside venues at the very least.