aberdeen-music

Magnificently Overrated.

Paulscoconutass

This summer Ive been watching heaps of films to shove in time and to catch up and fill in the gaps of all the must see movies that everyone needs to watch. However, Ive seen some of the films that have been getting rave reviews and totally fail to see why theyre such a hit.

I wonder if anyone else felt so terrifically let down upon watching a raved about film. Also, if you feel like defending or pointing out things about the following films I may have missed, feel free.

Here's my list...

Requiem for a dream:

Possibly the most overrated film Ive ever heard of, its just utter pish. Sposed to be about the gritty reality of drugs but is just adirector trying to masturbate with arty cinema effects. Theres no point to the film, its depressing and such a poor story. Youd probably think it was made for 4th year PSE classes. The only thing worse than the film is reading all the remarks on imdb that rated it 10/10 and all the best fiml ever comments.

Open Water:

Still raging that I paid 5 odds to see this piece of shit. For the first 10 minutes I thought the reel was faulty, but then it clicked; it was supposed to be low budget and low budget it was. I cant believe how much the media endorsed that waste of 80 minutes, or that it still got rave reviews upon DVD release. I remember talking about it in Marks and Spencers and some old lady just came up and said Open Water I guess? Highlight of my day then!

Elephant:

Film should have been re-name Elephant Shit. This is possibly the most upset Ive ever been about buying a full-price DVD and This film is awful not being an acceptable reason for returning it. A little over an hour long, but only because every shot is at least a three minute take. It sympathises with the Columbine shooters and claims that theyre shower-sharing homosexuals. Utter wank, and to top it off the Directors making a film about Kurt Cobains last days.

Hero:

I dont think Ive read a review that doesnt mention how beautiful/breath-taking/amazing this film looks wow. Grade A example of style over substance. If I wanted to see something beautiful Id look at pictures or paintings, but dont ruin a potentially good story by makin it look pretty. Doesnt have a patch on crouching tiger cos its just to fake/staged and the fight scenes have no fluency or fire.

Undoubtedly there will be more to follow, however, my summer favourites include:

Series 7, Wonderland, Run Lola Run, Dead Mans Shoes, Sweet Sixteen, Belleville Rendez-Vous, Memento, American Psycho, Tatoo.

Requiem for a dream:

Possibly the most overrated film Ive ever heard of' date=' its just utter pish. Sposed to be about the gritty reality of drugs but is just adirector trying to masturbate with arty cinema effects. Theres no point to the film, its depressing and such a poor story. Youd probably think it was made for 4th year PSE classes. The only thing worse than the film is reading all the remarks on imdb that rated it 10/10 and all the best fiml ever comments.

QUOTE']

I have to say, I loved Requiem for a Dream, it really affected me. However, Open Water=balls.

Undoubtedly there will be more to follow' date=' however, my summer favourites include:

[u']Series 7, Wonderland, Run Lola Run, Dead Mans Shoes, Sweet Sixteen, Belleville Rendez-Vous, Memento, American Psycho, Tatoo.

Series 7 is Ok, Wonderland is pretty good, ditto Run Lola Run. Dead Man's Shoes however, is FUCKING ACE.