aberdeen-music

Cabaret Voltaire, Edinburgh?

identity04

I saw (smog) there a few weeks ago. I really liked the venue although you could easily walk past it and not know it's there. We did. It suited (smog) down to the ground as it's a pretty intimate venue with a real subterranean feel to it. One bit of advice though would be to make sure you get there early as they have a strict curfew. We dawdled along, as we usually do, being used to Aberdeen gigs that seldom start on time, to find we'd missed the opening act that we wanted to see. We just caught the next support and (smog) were done and dusted and we were out of Edinburgh by 10:30! This was Friday night too.

I saw (smog) there a few weeks ago. I really liked the venue although you could easily walk past it and not know it's there. We did. It suited (smog) down to the ground as it's a pretty intimate venue with a real subterranean feel to it. One bit of advice though would be to make sure you get there early as they have a strict curfew. We dawdled along' date=' as we usually do, being used to Aberdeen gigs that seldom start on time, to find we'd missed the opening act that we wanted to see. We just caught the next support and (smog) were done and dusted and we were out of Edinburgh by 10:30! This was Friday night too.[/quote']

how were (smog) ?

i think the reason for the strict curfew is that they open the venue as a club after shows, a la the liquid rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw regina spektor there just recently and it ws amazing, although cause its all standing and the stage is not that high, it was pretty impossible to see her as she was sat at a keyboard. Also the guy with the biggest hair in the world was down the front, wavering in front of her.... but live and let live. Plus the music was too good to really care. Thumbs up for the venue.