aberdeen-music

History of Britpop

Stripey

Anyone watch this documentary last night on BBC4? It was really pretty insightful, quite inspiring, and reminded me of being a schoolkids again. The guy narrating it made a good point about how britpop went from all this idealistic optimism and self-confidence, to insipid, limp, anodyne rubbish like coldplay and the like.

Guest bluesxman
I still listen to Mansun quite a lot..... beautiful.

Their first album was ace, the rest I wasn't keen on. I actually found a stack of CD singles by Mansun from Take It Easy Chicken through to Taxloss, all posters etc included. Must consult e-bay for interest, I never listen to them....

EDIT - That's found at home, not in a random location...

Guest bluesxman

Ok, will check out condition and so on and exactly what I have, pretty sure all the 2 CD sets were complete but we are talking ten years ago and I sometimes forget shit from ten minutes ago....

Guest DustyDeviada

Have seen this before, but was more interested in the repeat of "Britpop Now!" as I can remember watching it at the time and I'm fairly sure I still have it on video somewhere.

Lots of great singles from this era, few great albums. But it was a great time, 95 and 96 especially.