aberdeen-music

bush USED to be a monkey ?

lepeep

it can't get thicker, ... if it could, that would be evolution.

"evilution" I bet it's called that in some places.

I had a cracking conversation with a creationist pal...

I asked him about adam and Eve, and their babies shagging each other, so on and so forth...

he came back a week later, with a cracking answer...

"adam and eve were the first people TALKED ABOUT in the bible"...meaning, pockets of Chinese, African, Arabian, Australian, Russian...you name it, people were dotted around all over the world.

amazing how you can change your story to fit the facts.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

AMBER DENSON:

Well, if it's not in the Bible then it's not true, because they say you should believe every word the Bible says. So, it wasn't in the Bible, so I don't believe it.

Jesus, way to swallow anything!

There is a case to be made for "intelligent design"' date=' in that it has become difficult for Christians to reconcile their beliefs with the scientific discoveries of the last few hundred years. It may be a step in the right direction towards ending the influence of die-hard creationists on schools. It's questionable as to whether it should become the accepted teaching policy, however, as it still assumes the existence of an omnipotetent being and the pre-ordained nature of the universe.

[/quote']

I'd tread even more carefully, because that liberal stance suggests that there is some happy medium to be found between science and creationism. Rather than a step towards ending the influence of creationists I see ID as being a pseudo-scientific crowbar designed to reinstate it with a more credible front. Either way, it's not science in any shape or form.