aberdeen-music

banksy strikes in israel!

Stripey

the thing i don't get about those pictures is that either he's a frickin genius with a spray can or he's pasted photo's on those images(on the actual wall) or it's all an elaborate hoax and they've been photoshopped. all the news reports are exactly the same and appear to have come from a central press release so wouldn't be too hard to tag on the photoshopped pictures with it.

just a thought, cause getting the press to report it would acheive much the same result as actually doing it. awareness of the issue and banksy gets more notorious.

I think he's just a genius with a spray can. I imagine extensive planning helps and the fact that he's using stencils. So he can prepare everything well in advance and make sure he knows it's going to turn out ok before he makes the trip.

Fucking ace though.

yea i get that he's good with stencils but you can't stencil the detail inside' date=' the desert island and the mountain vista etc. that's what i was talking about.[/quote']

It looks like those might be pre-printed and stuck to the wall, notice that the desert island covers up the vertical gaps in the wall but the spraypaint around the edges doesn't.

Banksy is one of my favourite artists. I've got a couple of his books and have read a bunch of interviews with him. I really liked what he did with the work in the art galleries earlier this year. I've seen quite a few of his pieces around London but what interests me more is his girlfriend's work. She goes round all these places in Kent, Essex and Berkshire and stencils awesome sayings onto walls, bridges, tunnels and underpasses. I've got a great photo of my boyfriend standing next to "What a beautiful smile." But my favourite is still "I love your shoes!"