aberdeen-music

Dogs D'Amour

Jamie

Dogs D'Amour + support

Wednesday 19 October

Tickets 12 (8 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 8.30pm

Show Starts: 9pm

The Dogs D'Amour came out of the mid-80's with a unique mixture of glam- and punk-influenced rock'n'roll and a do-or-die attitude. Their album from 1988, titled Unauthorised Bootleg on China Records, is a hard-to-find collector's item with only 2000 copies printed. It's an official compilation of songs they played live since 1983 and before they landed their major recording deal, an answer to the bootlegging that took place back then. The breakthrough was made with the 1988 album In The Dynamite Jet Saloon followed by an acoustic ballad EP called A Graveyard Of Empty Bottles the year after (limited edition of 15'000 copies), which was very representative of Tyla's poetic style of sad romance and booze. Now they're back together witha new album (or two) under their belt, catch them while you can.

• 3 weeks later...
as an added plus' date=' attendees at this gig will witness the maelstrom of rock we call DEADLOSS SUPERSTAR, last seen at this venue supporting the mighty Electric Eel Shock.

[url']www.deadlosssuperstar.co.uk

Yowza!

On my first attempt at this reply I received the follwing message

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 8 characters."

So I'll say it again:

Yowza!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm from Glasgow, but plan to attend this show in Aberdeen, since I can't make the Glasgow show and can't wait for confirmation as to whether or not the Edinburgh show will take place. Anyway, can I ask all ye regulars about age policies? I'm 16. Will I get in, do ye know? Understandably, i'd rather get an idea now than travel from Dundee (where I should be that week) to Aberdeen to be told to sod off. Can anyone help on this?

Cheers.

The Lemon Tree is licensed for 14 and over, so 16 year olds very welcome Peter - you won't be told to sod off (unless you're blazing) - but will given a hand stamp (or not given a hand stamp) to distinguish you from 18+ year olds who can be served alcohol - hope you enjoy the gig.

take time to say hello to the chap who will be handing out flyers

for

The Peppermints

They slimed their way through the music-scene muck to become the Queens (and King) of what they call "EXPERIMENTAL BARFLY TRASH ROCK." Their sound has been compared at times to the likes of GG Allin, The Fall, Melt Banana, Joan Jett, The Coachwhips, The Soft Boys, Wire, and Noh Mercy, but critics have been flummoxed

trying to define the Peppermints. (paw tracks)

@ The Tunnels on Halloween

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've just bought my ticket for the Dog's gig. I hold ticket number 8!

I hope folk are paying on the night otherwise it's going to be a very small crowd and I won't be able to hide at the back like normal.

Pete

if you run through the "buy tickets online" part of the LT's website then you get allocated a ticket number just before you complete the payment part of the transaction. I presume this allocates the next available ticket number.

Basically, you can see how many tickets have been sold for an event.