aberdeen-music

Element 7 string attack

Hog

I've been playing using an Ibanez RG7420 for the past 16 months now, and I can honestly say that I prefer seven strings to six. I can't figure out why, but I just find it far easier to play it rather than my six strings.

The only problem I've actually encountered using mine has been the excessive amount of time it takes to tune after restringing, and that's because of the trem. Don't know if all floating trems are the same, but I'd stick to fixed bridge versions unless it's really necessary to have a trem. That said, I suppose my tuning of choice hasn't really helped it.

Come to think of it, I've also had a bit of difficulty dealing with tones on amps, but that's due to my having to compensate for the lack of bass in Evac, and because I haven't the patience to spend ten full minutes setting up my equipment to match the tone of whatever amp I'm using.

Guh.

Guest Gregor Ascension

seven string is the way to go, im planning on getting one soon. the whole eight string guitar thing is dogshit. i know meshuggah use them but i think they are terrible. there is an american guitar player called rusty cooly who uses a 8 string, but with a 008 guage high A string. thats insane. ohh, and he did this before meshuggah. shred!!!

seven string is the way to go' date=' im planning on getting one soon. the whole eight string guitar thing is dogshit. i know meshuggah use them but i think they are terrible. there is an american guitar player called rusty cooly who uses a 8 string, but with a 008 guage high A string. thats insane. ohh, and he did this before meshuggah. shred!!![/quote']

lol ok, i'll keep that in mind,i still like meshuggah tho. :rockon:

Ok, got the guitar today, it is actually not too weird to play. Not sure what tuning I am going to play it in. Element use Open B and E at the moment, would be cool to play the high and lower stuff all with one guitar but I may just use the 7 string for B (or maybe A, Yeti, whatya think?) And then my Red Shredder (BC Rich) for the E stuff