aberdeen-music

raveonettes - pretty in black

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

anyone else got it yet? some istant 50s pop classics are great, but i'm not sure about the other lot. i guess it's weird listening to songs of theirs that don't instantly grab you by the balls and rape your face with sugar sweet melody. i also miss the echoplex and fuzz a bit. but i'm sure the less instant tracks will hook me within time. however one of the songs sounds like disco rock which disgusts me

anyone else got it yet? some istant 50s pop classics are great' date=' but i'm not sure about the other lot. i guess it's weird listening to songs of theirs that don't instantly grab you by the balls and rape your face with sugar sweet melody. i also miss the echoplex and fuzz a bit. but i'm sure the less instant tracks will hook me within time. however one of the songs sounds like disco rock which disgusts me[/quote']

Why does disco-rock disgust you? What do you even mean by "disco rock"?? Is Sharin Foo sexy? I'll answer that one, fuck yes.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

disco rock - playing disco music in a rock band. you know, like bloc party and stuff. 8 beat hihat shuffles and all that. it's the latest craze don't you know, and it's gash.

disco rock - playing disco music in a rock band. you know' date=' like bloc party and stuff. 8 beat hihat shuffles and all that. it's the latest craze don't you know, and it's gash.[/quote']

The fact you can dance to them doesn't make Bloc Party disco rock. Radio 4 and the Rapture could possibly be described as disco rock. Probably better than be an old fad like the Ravonettes.

the 50s were better than the 80s - unless you liked the transformers' date=' then the 80s as a decade was totally undeniably cool.[/quote']

For someone so anti-craze you are very obsessed with what's "cool". And the Ravonettes are even more retro than all these apparently 80s obsessed bands. Don't be so blatantly hypocritical and i have no idea what you are talking about with this "cutting edge" route.

I've seen them twice playing the new material, and have had the album on import for a while. It's taken a reasonable amount of time, but I'm a convert to the new material. And if you've all been talking about Twilight, then I think it's a brilliant track.

Still, I'll always rate their first EP higher, even though the album in one key thing is a bit one trick the songs were the right side of ascerbic wonderfulness.