aberdeen-music

first new rolling stones album in 8 years!

delboy

good grief the strolling bones are gonna release their first album of new material in 8 years in september.

thoughts? opinions? should they bother? does anyone care? i thought the last album 'bridges to babylon' was one of their worst ever but i do enjoy a lot of the latter periods stones stuff (especially steel wheels). obviously the spirit and depth of exile, beggars banquet, sticky fingers etc. has long gone but i do always look forward to a new stones record.

coat got....

Guest Zeenat Aman

It would be nice if they left behind the whole Keith open G guitar tuning riffs for awhile. We've had those on every album since 1969, it's time for a change, even if it's only for one album.

The less produced they are the better they sound in my opinion.

The albums called A Bigger Bang and is out on the 5th of Sept or thereabouts.

I've heard a couple of tracks on the internet. One is called Back of My Hand and is a slow delta blues Robert Johnson type thing. Still got a bit of a slick production thing in the mix.The other is a typical open G Stones loose rocker called Rough Justice. Good enough on first listens but I'm not pretending that the quality is in the same league as Exile, SF etc.

However, other die-hard fans are wetting themselves in anticipation after hearing the first few tunes so we might be in for a surprise. Doubt it would be liked by your typical Athelete loving indie kid but then who's to say a couple listens of Exile on Main Street would.

Come on, it won't be hilarious, and they should bother cause many people still do care. Many folks will love it but for some, it will be painful to see how they sound now compared to some of their classic albums.(maybe me hehe!)

That's my take anyway.

Guest Zeenat Aman
My favourite ever Stones album is Voodoo Lounge from 94' date=' so I'll be interested to see how it goes.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

This doesn't surprise me for some reason. Jesus, how many stones albums have you heard?

o_O :moody:

Guest Zeenat Aman
Lots :p I just like the stuff from Voodoo Lounge :) I know of at least one long term Stones fan who thinks its the best one.

Cheers

Stuart

If pale imitations of former glories/songs is your thing, then I suppose it is pretty good.