aberdeen-music

Best band you've ever played with?

kirkt

Biffy Clyro / Hundred Reasons / Capdown

Played with others too.... Cyclyfly were rubbish & dicks.

Cortizone on the same bill were top.

Surely this thread makes it look better for Aberdeen bands to play alongside household names (not bands on the record label as such). Then a band can add it to their biog and if they are serious about things then it should help them get out of Aberdeen and progress in the Music Industry.

The friends and contacts that I made playing in Dos Dedos have helped me when it has come to progressing as a Promoter/Booker in the industry.

ACTUALLY I FEEL A NEW THREAD COMING ON

would that be the blonde haired guitarist you're referring to? the drummer' date=' peter, was a top bloke. The guitarist guy was a bit.....I dunno, he explained it to me, but it was still a wee bit cockish.[/quote']

peter was cool, all the ones i spoke to seemed pretty sound.

Kirk, I quite like the Texas MFs.

would that be the blonde haired guitarist you're referring to? the drummer' date=' peter, was a top bloke. The guitarist guy was a bit.....I dunno, he explained it to me, but it was still a wee bit cockish.[/quote']

drummer was ace. it was the bassist i think being a cock, demanding 100 despite the fact we'd never agreed on such. i know thats not an unreasonable fee to ask for but it would have been nice to have asked for this before turning up at the gig. he also wanted a beer rider which I had not been notified on either. I gave the money to one of the guitarists and then at the end the bassist was like "what about the money?". i dunno, he just seemed a bit rude.

Guest bluesxman
I would have to say that sharing a bill with Valis (fronted by Van Conner from Screaming Trees) has been my favourite gigging experience. They played a cover of 'Warriors of Ghengis Khan' by Bad News! It was truly awesome.

Neil Leyton was also pretty immense in Glasgow.

That's fantastic.

"Burning, looting, raping, shooting"

Weve played with some pretty kick ass bands..

Alexisonfire

Bleeding Through

The Bled

Cult of Luna

Aconite Thrill

The Valentine

Make Her Cry

Hiding With Girls

Hollywood Ending

The X-Certs

Flood of Red

Hand to Hand

Johnny Truant

Broken Oath

Tribute to Nothing

But Id say the best band weve ever played with was probably Shouting Myke. Big shout out to The X-Certs too, miles better than most.

Trademark... I recall muttering marriage proposals under my breath and standing wide eyed for the entire set.

I missed most of Trademark cos I ran back to the hotel for something. Worst act we've ever played with was on the same night though!!....that fake Nazi schoolboy wanker Simon Cocknose or whatever, it was fucking hilarious seeing him throw a tantrum cos no one clapped/danced and seeing his rapid emotional decline as people drifted towards the exit en masse was beautiful. ''Youre all wankers, just farkin wankers i tell ya!!!'' But a nice aftershow disco! Thats the best thing we've gigged with, that aftershow disco. Yus. Spazz out. Spazz monkey.

Simon Bookish?

he did tell us about the vocal echo in the room and let us in on a few secrets for the room... which was nice...

didnt help him like

tragic off key vocal racket over 80s-by-numbers electronic poo

ps....i think Trademark were drooling after our Nord Lead backstage (in the bogs), after the soundcheck, they were like ''can we enquire as to how it makes that Grrrrrrrrrrr sound???'' I lied. Told them a load of bollocks. Trade secret etc.