aberdeen-music

Websites on Ageing Population

Camie

Hey im looking for good website that will help me give info on the ageing populaton

more particuarly:

The baby boom after the war

Problems of an ageing population

Solutions to this

and reasons for the low birth rate in younger generations

I have tried google but was not much help.

thanks

Camie

The only thing I can say is best to do is to begin investing in pensions and savings asap. I already have and I'm 20. Eek.

just wondering to what extent you've done this. are we just taking about putting money away, or an actual pension scheme? i remember my dad talking about this kind of thing pretty seriously just before i went to uni and it always interests me to find out what other "young people" have done on this road.

spoons

/x

wasn't there a big hoo-haa last year about pensions, and the fact that when 'we', as in me and you, won't be able to get our pensions when we are older..??

i dont have the mental ability to expand on this notion right now, but i thought that was something in the pipeline..

cool. i've just graduated and taken up a sabbatical position so i'm going to have to start paying back my loans pretty soon. that's about 7000 of debt for me which i'm keen to clear asap, but i'm looking to get started on some kind of pension scheme when i get my first graduate job.

/x

just wondering to what extent you've done this. are we just taking about putting money away' date=' or an actual pension scheme? i remember my dad talking about this kind of thing pretty seriously just before i went to uni and it always interests me to find out what other "young people" have done on this road.

spoons

/x[/quote']

It's worth starting a private pension as early as you can. Remember, you don't have to earn much in order to start one - I think most pension plans allow you to contribute as little as a few pounds a month if you want. Unfortunately, by the time people like us (18-25 year olds) retire the state pension will be worth very little so savings of some kind are going to become vital.

Luckily I'm in the same boat as Lester. I started my pension when I was 19 and the company I work for contribute the equivalent of 9% of my monthly wage to my pension fund each month. I will start contributing to it as well at some point once I can afford it but at least I have something there and something that is growing each year.