aberdeen-music

Sigur Ros last night

RossP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm smarter than you' date=' so shutup.[/quote']

You claim to be smart, but yet still have not explained your comments.

It's this simple, people who went to see sigur ros in glasgow are revelant to this thread and well the others really don't have any place on this thread. If you were smart you would realise

this plain and simple fact.

You claim to be smart' date=' but yet still have not explained your comments.

It's this simple, people who went to see sigur ros in glasgow are revelant to this thread and well the others really don't have any place on this thread. If you were smart you would realise

this plain and simple fact.[/quote']

If you were smart you'd see i don't care.

There's probably no point in commenting on this any more but I wanted to add that Sigur-ros are my favourite band. This is because when I listen to the music parts of one song will relax me and then they'll build up into chaos. I love the sound of Jonsi's bowed guitar. I love the sound of the organ's. I love the sound of the string quartet and how they fit into the grand scheme of things.

I understand also that people don't like them. A lot of my friends hate them in fact. I find it such a rare pleasure to find a fellow sigur-ros fan. My friends always bring up the same reserves about them 'they don't have any lyrics' or 'their songs are too long' 'their foreign' 'I'm bored' etc. I understand all their jibes. I understand the initial reason for songs being songs in the first place is to tell a story, and then to make people feel emotion like happiness and wanting to dance or the intense ruch you get when a high octane rock song comes on and you feel on top of the world. But what's to say that standing back and closing your eyes at a gig and letting the instruments do the talking is wrong? What's wrong with mixing classical music and rock?

We see the same problem with art. No one agrees with everyone and no-one agrees to disagree. No one gets or even agrees with the context of a piece while others think its a master work. Nothing will ever change that and if something did then the world will be a very boring place.

Just to add to the answering of queries about the band. Yes they do have lyrics. They're first and second album are sung in Icelandic. That's just because that's where these unfortunate bastards are from not because they're trying to be edgy or anything. However the third album ( ) was to incorporate vocals as another instrument to be scored. Hence why some people think he isn't saying anything. And yes Jonsi did just make up his own language called 'hopelandic' to sing in. To me almost every singer does this. Makes up random sentences and phrases when writing a song before penning the final lyrics. But because the lyrics aren't important to the record and is more about composed movement then why should he have to? This is why none of the tracks are named. They personally have names for them to save mix up on set lists.

The new album is out in sept and is in Icelandic again its called 'takk' which is icelandic for thanks.

And finally I loved the gig and the support who were just the string quartet. New songs did sound great. Any one else buy a hoody and realise the zip was the other way round further realising it was a girls one... no? Just me? ..... shit

There's probably no point in commenting on this any more but I wanted to add that Sigur-ros are my favourite band. This is because when I listen to the music parts of one song will relax me and then they'll build up into chaos. I love the sound of Jonsi's bowed guitar. I love the sound of the organ's. I love the sound of the string quartet and how they fit into the grand scheme of things.

I understand also that people don't like them. A lot of my friends hate them in fact. I find it such a rare pleasure to find a fellow sigur-ros fan. My friends always bring up the same reserves about them 'they don't have any lyrics' or 'their songs are too long' 'their foreign' 'I'm bored' etc. I understand all their jibes. I understand the initial reason for songs being songs in the first place is to tell a story' date=' and then to make people feel emotion like happiness and wanting to dance or the intense ruch you get when a high octane rock song comes on and you feel on top of the world. But what's to say that standing back and closing your eyes at a gig and letting the instruments do the talking is wrong? What's wrong with mixing classical music and rock?

We see the same problem with art. No one agrees with everyone and no-one agrees to disagree. No one gets or even agrees with the context of a piece while others think its a master work. Nothing will ever change that and if something did then the world will be a very boring place.

Just to add to the answering of queries about the band. Yes they do have lyrics. They're first and second album are sung in Icelandic. That's just because that's where these unfortunate bastards are from not because they're trying to be edgy or anything. However the third album ( ) was to incorporate vocals as another instrument to be scored. Hence why some people think he isn't saying anything. And yes Jonsi did just make up his own language called 'hopelandic' to sing in. To me almost every singer does this. Makes up random sentences and phrases when writing a song before penning the final lyrics. But because the lyrics aren't important to the record and is more about composed movement then why should he have to? This is why none of the tracks are named. They personally have names for them to save mix up on set lists.

The new album is out in sept and is in Icelandic again its called 'takk' which is icelandic for thanks.

And finally I loved the gig and the support who were just the string quartet. New songs did sound great. Any one else buy a hoody and realise the zip was the other way round further realising it was a girls one... no? Just me? ..... shit[/quote']

Very good but nobody here has made any of the typical stupid criticisms like their songs are too long, or they have no lyrics or they are foreign etc.

Really?

Very good but nobody here has made any of the typical stupid criticisms like their songs are too long' date=' or they have no lyrics or they are foreign etc.[/quote']

They havent? Then what the hell is this?

I've listened to about 4 songs by them and none seemed to have lyrics.Their music just seemed dull to me.I am willing to reconsider if someone would be so kind as to point me in the direction of songs you'd recommend' date=' singles or anything.I'll give them another go if you can give me songs to listen to with lyrics.[/quote']