aberdeen-music

Tears of Grace on myspace/purevolume

ben_1903

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU TASTELESS WANKER!

I appreciate your support....but get a grip. These isa forum for people who want to express their opinions - if the guy thinks we're shit, then so be it. I just don't agree with him - no need to drop the level.

Maybe delete that post before it DOES become a stupid argument?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just happened to be there because I went to see Genevieve - I'm not trying to go out my way to destroy this thread, because I'm well aware there are people out there who will like you, but put simply, if you ever want to make your mark on people apart from your clique of 14 year old friends then you have to grow up out of the prosaic cliched Metallica that you play. I'm not a metal fan, so nothing you will ever compose will connect with me in any way, but this means you are not going to connect with the ordinary gig-goer either.

I just happened to be there because I went to see Genevieve - I'm not trying to go out my way to destroy this thread' date=' because I'm well aware there are people out there who will like you, but put simply, if you ever want to make your mark on people apart from your clique of 14 year old friends then you have to grow up out of the prosaic cliched Metallica that you play. I'm not a metal fan, so nothing you will ever compose will connect with me in any way, but this means you are not going to connect with the ordinary gig-goer either.[/quote']

if your not a metal fan how can judge on our music if it's not your style? just cuz we don't fit to your liking really can't make a difference to us. we enjoy wat we do. if it's not ur taste i am deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart. you can't please everyone in the world of music, known fact. so why bother even tryin to give critisism when u don't even like the music yourself. I must say it is all so confusing.

I can easily judge your music, just as I can judge any style of music I please if and when I hear it, just like everyone does. To have a metal fans judging your music is fine as obviously you are catering for an audience, but there are other neutral music fans on this forum willing to give a variety of different things a listen. But if you think you are original, then you are having a laugh. It is hard to be original these days, I am well aware, but you could at least attempt to ditch the 666's, fist pumping, and awful finger tapping, which to be honest render you nothing more than a joke band.

MY MUSIC PLEASES EVERYONE' date=' ITS LIKE AN ORGASM IN YOUR EARS. (hmm that sounds horrible)[/quote']

ROFPMFAL.....

well..... i'm sorry for being such a dick, but it is the feedback forum, and that was my opinion...on ur comment!

I can easily judge your music' date=' just as I can judge any style of music I please if and when I hear it, just like everyone does. To have a metal fans judging your music is fine as obviously you are catering for an audience, but there are other neutral music fans on this forum willing to give a variety of different things a listen. But if you think you are original, then you are having a laugh. It is hard to be original these days, I am well aware, but you could at least attempt to ditch the 666's, fist pumping, and awful finger tapping, which to be honest render you nothing more than a joke band.[/quote']

Meh if you find me awful let it be that way...woohoo. I'm awful. Go me!

At least you are taking the criticism without resorting to the stupidity and idiocy of reject_monkey' date=' and to be quite honest, people who are older than you and should know better. So for that you have my respect.[/quote']

y thankyou, to b truthfull I don't actually mind critisism. cuz it happens I mean if people are gonna slag the band ur in off and u can't take it u might aswell stop there. cuz if for example u become famous it's just gonna b the exact same. I was just a bit confused about the whole thing with u saying u don't like metal n then commenting on us thats all. sorry for the sarcasim.

He's accepted that they're not to his taste, but that doesn't mean that he forfeits all right to comment on originality and QUALITY of the music and it's performance. I don't like black metal and the like, so does that then mean that I can't express my feelings on whether a band plays black metal to a high standard or otherwise, or the originality of what they do. This was what Narc did; he commented on the quality of ToG's performance and the originality of their music.

I personally feel that ToG had a poor night. You really can't all just stop when the guitar cuts out and then start again, it looks worse than playing guitarless, trust me. In fairness though, I've seen them play better and tighter. There are the makings of a couple of catchy songs in the set though.

ok first of all yes people do judge but then so what? does that make you the all knowing music guru of the world, no. my point is simple. a genre of music always caters to its audience cause funnily enough it cant do anything but as its in a genre, if somebody wanted a neutral band that pleased everyone not going to happen, but then you should know this. and if you dont like metal then your opinion becomes biast and no opinon based on an original and pre-set biast can be taken with seriousness. if you find that hard to understand im sorry. its just i think it was unfair for you to some into the discussion and refer to there music as childish and pathetically unoriginal. They enjoy playing it, people other than there 14 yr old clique (myself included) enjoy it and from the gig theyve had a large number of people have turned up each time, so by that they cant be all that bad can they.

ROFPMFAL.....

well..... i'm sorry for being such a dick' date=' but it is the feedback forum, and that was my opinion...on ur comment![/quote']

It was Ivan the Terrible's opinion that he could execute whoever the hell he wanted in the name of God. There is a line somewhere....

ok first of all yes people do judge but then so what? does that make you the all knowing music guru of the world' date=' no. my point is simple. a genre of music always caters to its audience cause funnily enough it cant do anything but as its in a genre, if somebody wanted a neutral band that pleased everyone not going to happen, but then you should know this. and if you dont like metal then your opinion becomes biast and no opinon based on an original and pre-set biast can be taken with seriousness. if you find that hard to understand im sorry. its just i think it was unfair for you to some into the discussion and refer to there music as childish and pathetically unoriginal. They enjoy playing it, people other than there 14 yr old clique (myself included) enjoy it and from the gig theyve had a large number of people have turned up each time, so by that they cant be all that bad can they.[/quote']

If you are a metal fan, then you are even more biased, as Tears of Grace are a metal stereotype.

Just because people turn up to their gigs, (having seen the crowd with my own eyes at the Tunnels and noticing they were all from the same year group as Tears of Grace, indulged in pre-arranged moshing and all left when Along Came Man came on ), does not mean they are good. Kasabian sell out in 5 minutes, but they are despicably bad.

I've said my piece, so feel free to discuss what's being said, as it's your thread. I think we should be letting others say what they think now...

I just happened to be there because I went to see Genevieve - I'm not trying to go out my way to destroy this thread' date=' because I'm well aware there are people out there who will like you, but put simply, if you ever want to make your mark on people apart from your clique of 14 year old friends then you have to grow up out of the prosaic cliched Metallica that you play. I'm not a metal fan, so nothing you will ever compose will connect with me in any way, but this means you are not going to connect with the ordinary gig-goer either.[/quote']

First off - yes tog had a poor night - but no need for everyone to get their knickers in a twist, we live and learn.

Right, narc- you are really ambiguous. I do hope that 'x' metal band grow up and stop playing metal so that people other than metal fans like them.

Are you suggesting that we stop playing our style so that people who don't like it will like it? If not, you just aren't very good at making your point. Do you think that metal fans (or 14 uear old tog fans if you like) don't count as ordinary gig-goers?

edit: I don't mean to sound as though i am dismissing completely what you say, becuase I welcome criticism. I accpe that we didn't play great at tunnels....but i just disgaree with the bulk of what you have said here.

the thing is' date=' metal fans may be biased bcos its metal, but then again non-metal fans are equally biased as they will automatically think they are bas bcos they are metal. I think both parties should agree to disagree before this turns into an argument.[/quote']

Its a nice idea but it won't happen. We're aren't discussing whether mnon-metal fans can judge tog. What we're saying is that narc's comments weren't very constructive, and the basis of his argument that we have to 'prgress' from our 'cliche' is flawed.

lol, yeah, ive taken a chill piull now, im 16, i was at the tog gig, i dont think there were ANY 14 yr olds there, and i stayed for along came man and loved them.

Its a nice idea but it won't happen. We're aren't discussing whether mnon-metal fans can judge tog. What we're saying is that narc's comments weren't very constructive' date=' and the basis of his argument that we have to 'prgress' from our 'cliche' is flawed.[/quote']

ah ok, gotcha now. Yeh, if ur gonna make criticisms at least make them useful so TOG can learn from them and improve for the future. You may even like them in the future, you never know

Lol! hands up to narc. loved the ivan the terrible comment. right im sorry if my comments wher missunderstood about biast. i dont mean non-metal fans cant have an opinion its jst theyre jst not gonna like it because its metal, but a metal fan wont jst like it because its metal, if you see what i mean, they listen to it more so kind of have a better idea what would be a better metal band or the whole originality idea. yes they sound like evanesance to a degree but then so do nightwish, and arch enemy are like both on steroids but each have theyre own feeling.

and on a lighter note, seriously loved that ivan comment, narc if you know the quote plz post it.