aberdeen-music

newsflash!

The Ghost Of Fudge

the next show by chart-topping guitar-manglers DEADLOSS MOTHERFUCKIN SUPERSTAR can be caught soon in the esteemed cafe drummonds on belmont street.

they expect all the actual proper members of the band to turn up and everything. they will also be applying pressure to phil johnston and rainbow rach, so perhaps there'll be sax and cello too! i pray we at least have a drummer this time, but i'm counting no chickens.

as they play on a saturday, and obviously the bassist would find it difficult to get the night off-work, etc etc, DEADLOSS MF SUPERSTAR will be onstage 8.30/9ish. first.

onion terror will also be playing this show, with another band tba.

SATURDAY 16th JULY

CAFE DRUMMOND

DMFS ON ABOUT 9ish?

4? with two? other acts.

nice.

:rockon:

the next show by chart-topping guitar-manglers DEADLOSS MOTHERFUCKIN SUPERSTAR can be caught soon in the esteemed cafe drummonds on belmont street.

they expect all the actual proper members of the band to turn up and everything. they will also be applying pressure to phil johnston and rainbow rach' date=' so perhaps there'll be sax and cello too! i pray we at least have a drummer this time, but i'm counting no chickens.

as they play on a saturday, and obviously the bassist would find it difficult to get the night off-work, etc etc, DEADLOSS MF SUPERSTAR will be onstage 8.30/9ish. first.

onion terror will also be playing this show, with another band tba.

SATURDAY 16th JULY

CAFE DRUMMOND

DMFS ON ABOUT 9ish?

4? with two? other acts.

nice.

:rockon:[/quote']

You're going to have to do some sweet talking if you want to go on that early on a Friday, normal times are 9.45, 10.45 and 11.45. Entry probably won't be more than 2 (free if they can't get anyone to work the door).

it's on a saturday. and it's fudge's 6th birthday gig' date=' but i haven't decided the admission fee yet. :)

let's rock![/quote']

Sorry, didn't realise it was a fudge gig. You'll still have to keep the music going until 12.30ish or Eric will get a bit nippy about having an empty bar with no live music. Empty bar with live music he can handle.

:D totally.

are you doing sound? calum? steve?

will eric complain if i book 4 bands then? is that too many?

I don't work there anymore so it'll be Calum or Steve I'd imagine.

If you can fill between about 9.30-12.30 with music he'll be happy, there's not much point putting anything on before 9 because the place doesn't start to get busy until then. One more band wouldn't be a huge hassle but make sure at least one band is there at 6 (when the sound curfew lifts) on the dot because you might run short on s/check time otherwise.

They've just got a late licence but I doubt if it'll be in place by then. Erics on holiday for two weeks so he probably won't have time to sort anything out staff-wise.

Also, if you could make sure the engineer knows running order and stage times in advance of soundcheck you'd make their life easier.

i thought that might be so. hadn't seen you there for a while.

and yeah' date=' late licence, i did wonder about that....[/quote']

I don't think he's back til the 8th so it's unlikely, but not impossible. Probably best if you get in touch with him as soon as he's back, especially if you have devious apres gig platter spinning plans.

Guest Zeenat Aman
they will also be applying pressure to phil johnston' date=' so perhaps there'll be sax

[/quote']

My sax is shit, it keeps doing all sorts of things it shouldn't, and doesn't do as it's told when I blow and press it's buttons.

I need a new one asap! :(