aberdeen-music

Blink 182 @ Braehead Arena

KarmaTsunami

since this forums here i thought i'd use it :)

The Nervous Return werenae ma cup o' tea to be honest and by the end of their set were just bugging me a whole lot..''WHAT'S UP MOTHERFUCKERS??''...oh just fuck off really..

motion City Soundtrack have in me a new fan, i thought they were fucking brilliant..they had tunes and stage presence for a band i didn't think could fill an arena but they managed it well. Afterwards they came up to the block i was seated in so i got my ticket signed and the singer sat a few rows down from me to watch Blink's set.

Blink 182..awesome..absolutely awesome...my only complaint is not enough older material, they played ten songs from the new album and only three from enema..but to be fair it was a tour to promote the album so hopefully if they come back it won't be to promote an album and they'll play a wider range of stuff. They were rocking. I was so chuffed they played 'i miss you', albeit a more distorted version of said song. 'Stay together for the kids' was amazing and i actually shed a tear during 'all the small things', the song and then the album that pretty much started it all for me. my voice, hoarse from singing my little heart out. it was better than i thought..i was ready to be a little let down because blink gigs can be hit or miss, but it was fucking great.

Guest WalkingOnGlass

Nervous Return did nothing for me.

Motion City Soundtrack did very little for me.

Blink 182 did everything for me...I was stunned, amazed and speechless at how unbelievably fucking awesome they were. Probably the best band in the world ever.

I'd say as a performance by Blink, it was just a display of how much more professional they are as actual musicians and a proper 'band' now - they've almost lost the whole 3 guys fucking about with instruments vibe. Toms vocals were amazing - i was a bit concerned after hearing the live and sketchy radio one session midweek, but he nailed practically every note perfectly. Travis was also more than amazing and his solo couldn't do anything but sustain an ear to ear cheesy grin for another minute of the night. Mark seemed very confident now wandering around the stage freely and also singing very well.

I would say i was dissapointed by the lack of pre-enema material, and they only played for a little over an hour but overall the energy and emotion put into every song was electrifying, even the slower songs were played in a way that could keep the crowd going, and at points in the set i was just standing there with my mouth wide open thinking 'WOW - this is fucking amazing'. I'd say it was the finest performance i've seen by a band, and the arena wasn't too big either - a percect set by an amazing band at the pinnacle of their sound so far.

As for the support - the nervous return and motion city soundtrack, what was the deal? - totally out of place with the blink 182 sound and the majority of the audience. So much other smaller bands could have played more fitting set lists and would have benifited with a better reception from the audience. but hey - as long as they made one new fan each, it was worth it ;)

yep - working for free so digital & it was the 300D at 1600iso just manages for me as far as noise goes but I usually process them in photoshop to immitate bad film habits that have become "my style" -usually over-saturated & nae shadow detail! :S

& as for low light bands with film - fuji 800 rated at 1600, processed normally suited me, I'm obviously a speed freak up at 1600 all the time!

(I ain't forgotten about your all-dayer btw)

yep, MSN has taken a holiday for a bit after too many folk kept jumping on me with "can I ask you for a favour" while I was working (trying to work, well, supposed to be working...) - never be admin on a site busy with folk you know from drinking & dancin!

I shall most likely cave and reinstall it tomorrow with a few other things on my nice new super fast & shiny HDD.

And I was meant to be in Aberdeen at the end of January but some weather got in the way and I am now arriving off the Weeji bus this Thursday - was hoping to get up for Wed night but alas, clients don't know the meaning of the phrase "reasonable notice"!

I am taking my party clothes for Friday night at Moshulu though :D

(take that as a warning if you like ;))