aberdeen-music

Go to Sonar Festival

BigHandsome

Have just come back from Barcelona where i went to the sonar festival and it was fucking great. You get to hear some brilliant music in the most beautiful city i've ever been to. There was a wicked John Peel tribute by Simon Russel from Rough Trade, Khonnor were awesome, as were Hot Chip. The night festival was amazing. Chemical Brothers, Le Tigre, 2 Many DJs, Soulwax, De La Soul, Cut Chemist, LCD Soundsystem, Luke Vibert and Richie Hawtin closing at 7am as the sun came up was unbelievable. Kanye West even made an appearance with De la Soul. It was the most good natured festival I have ever been to. I reccommend that anyone looking for a festival to go to abroad or are planning to go to Barcelona next june should check out sonar. Also the new Bikini Atoll album is really good.

Bikini Atoll's LP Liar's Exit is superb, can't understand the lack of press reviews & coverage.

Looking forward to their return later in the year. (some of the best folk i know)

Why is it people come out the woodwork, Les Georges Lenningrad, could have played Aberdeen recently?

finally there is no battle between pinthedark & version...........my tickets are inthebag