aberdeen-music

Mike Chiplin leaves lostprophets

Johnny Mac

From Mr Watkins:

Title says it all really. Split was fine, all good. We are friends before bandmates and nothing will ever change that. He just wanted to try out some different stuff etc. Everyone was cool about it. Also it will give everyone a nice scapegoat when the next album comes out and it isnt what they want it to be.

Cue shouts of "since mike left they went shit" etc. It will fit nicely in with

1. "since they remixed fsop they went shit"

2. "since jamie gave up turntables they went shit"

3 " since they released SS they went shit"

X

From Mr Watkins:

Title says it all really. Split was fine' date=' all good. We are friends before bandmates and nothing will ever change that. He just wanted to try out some different stuff etc. Everyone was cool about it. Also it will give everyone a nice scapegoat when the next album comes out and it isnt what they want it to be.

X[/quote']

Was that the drummer or am I getting mixed up?

You think I care? I hate that rubbish. I just don't care. I'm bored and this is doing very little amuse me.

You are also not contributing to this thread so could you please not bother posting unless it is something of interest or related to the topic.

You obviously have no clue about musical genres and this is no place to start another shit argument about 'emo'... whatever that means.

Please stop being an arse.

X

Not forgetting my favourite "When they were signed by their record company to become bland pin-up boys for the Topman-Hardcore movements and started churning out bland unit-shifting rock music for 14 year old girls......they went shit".

There's a comment after that article that's pretty on the money in my opinion.

Hmmm....how come the DJ guy stopped playing the decks and switched to keyboard as soon as Nu-metal went out of rock fashion.They also stopped wearing baseball caps and big shorts' date=' in favour of skinny fit t-shirts and ties. My bet is the next album is full on emo and the drummer is one of those musicians with a low boredom threshold and just wants to play 'fast drums'. The lost prophets would play anything to keep themselves in the pages of Kerrang.[/i']

Not forgetting my favourite "When they were signed by their record company to become bland pin-up boys for the Topman-Hardcore movements and started churning out bland unit-shifting rock music for 14 year old girls......they went shit".

I'll have to pass that on to Watkins. He'll like that. :)

There's a comment after that article that's pretty on the money in my opinion.

Hmmm....how come the DJ guy stopped playing the decks and switched to keyboard as soon as Nu-metal went out of rock fashion.They also stopped wearing baseball caps and big shorts' date=' in favour of skinny fit t-shirts and ties. My bet is the next album is full on emo and the drummer is one of those musicians with a low boredom threshold and just wants to play 'fast drums'. The lost prophets would play anything to keep themselves in the pages of Kerrang.[/i']

Again, you also do not have a clue.

Welcome to 2004.