aberdeen-music

Star Wars or Lord of the Rings

Jesus.H.Christ

What new set is this? I have the trilogy on dvd that came out a couple of years ago (with the silver and black box) and I just got the original unedited versions on dvd too...

I have the silver and black box and recently got the coloured tin with the double disk "limited edition" (but they've been about for months) DVDs with the unedited originals on the 2nd disk. Sounds like you probably have them.

Watched all 3 unedited films over the weekend. A tear almost fell from my eyes as I watched the ewoks sing their song at the end of Return of the Jedi.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Savant

Yeah I have them, just not as part of a box set (still waiting on Episode 6 coming tho!). I didn't notice any differences in episode 5... :( Care to point them out? :p

Guest DustyDeviada

You know, it's just a damn shame that they didn't release the "original unedited" versions as anamorphic DVDs. Because I watched the 2004 "silver and black" DVDs recently and the picture and sound quality was awesome. As much as I hate most of the changes, I don't think I could go back to infreior picture and sound quality. :(

Doesn't matter anyway, they all died in a nuclear winter when 100 billion tons of rubble and dust from the exploding deathstar clogged up Endors atmosphere and the big chunks caused massive nuclear bomb sized blasts. Those sadistic genocidic rebel knobs!

Funnily enough in one of Star Wars books/comics set much later own they refer to a stuffed Ewok and talk about how the rebels caused them to go extinct by blowing up the Deathstar so close to Endor! choirtle chortle

Anyway, it has to be the LOTR trilogy for the epic hack and slash fights though I do like most of the Star Wars films and Leah's metal bikini scenes were worth the admission price on their own.:popcorn:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Savant
I'll double check and give it a rewatch (seriously) before I go on a ramble. :D

I watched episode 5 (original) and 6 (remastered) last night - still couldn't see anything different in episode 5; I'll need to watch the remastered one again.

I also had a look for the scene in episode 4 where Jabba is outside the Millenium Falcon looking for Han - I remember seeing a documentary as a kid on how they replaced the fat human Jabba with the CG worm Jabba here, but when I looked on the original release for thise scene it's replaced with 'Followed through the alleys' where Luke complains that the Falcon is a piece of junk... So was the human Jabba in a different release altogether? There's too many versions!

It pissed me off and I couldn't get to sleep last night! X(