aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Jesus.H.Christ

Star Wars or Lord of the Rings

argh

tough one

been loving star wars for years

but have been obsessed with lord of the rings since the first film

but having lots of geekie knowledge on both mytholigies i must go for lord of the rings for the better story

I was planning on making this thread when the Star Wars craze was over.

Even though I HAVE been Star Wars "mad" for the last month or two, I still vote Lord of the Rings, its just fucking ace.

Lord of the Rings.

To be honest, the whole feel of it is just a lot better than star wars. Whenever i see star wars, I cant help but think of George Lucas stuck in a room in front of his laptop churning out the pretentious script. however LOTR just had me gripped (and had my legs numb in the cinema) and felt a lot more of an epic story.

Thats not to say star wars is entirely bad. In fact i really enjoyed most of the films but, its just doesnt seem to be up to the same standards, ya know?

i had a conversation with a girl from my uni about this. she doesnt like the star wars films... because they are not real... yet she likes lord of the rings because she thinks it could have or could happen..........

Guest *alex*

Lord of the Rings..but i've only seen one Star Wards movie...i just really liked Lord of the Rings..

Gah,just a tough question. Been a fan of both for many years but in the end I have to say Star Wars.

Star Wars has just been a bigger part of my life

Guest Logan

BATMAN!!!

Oh, wrong thread...

um, no doubt The Force is strong with this one. It's Star Wars all the way. Despite how good The Lord of the Rings trilogy is, it's never going to be part of your 'childhood'.